Oracle Database Administrator (2561324789)
Oracle Database Administrator
• Client: Top 5 Bank
• Duration: 6-12 month contract (then potential conversion to permanent)
• Location: Toronto (Remote to Start)
- DBA resource will also work with the teams on information to be gathered during incidents. The resource will query certain results as part of production issue investigations.
-Will review the run books and OSI’s periodically in support of incident management capability.
- Will work to write and implement:
- DB maintenance scripts
- DB log clean up jobs
- health checks
- start-up and shutdown scripts
- Will work to implement the above
- Exercise the app maintenance window to ensure that DB’s run optimally
- Will review and ensure proper alerting is in place and tested. Resource will review monitoring is in line with needs and make recommendations for improvements and for automation opportunities
- Will work with AD to assess capacity needs and ensure the DB is sized and configured to handle the short – mid-term capacity needs
- Profiling of databases and produce Query / profile reports where issues are observed – for example provide to the AD team long running queries
- Support assessment of planned / implemented changes – assess potential impact on database performance / capacity
- Undertake investigation in conjunction with other teams at on prem and with vendors on agreed known problems (for example performance). These resources will not engage to support major incidents directly (unless specifically called upon by Management) – standard Incident Management processes and resources should be followed for that.
- 5+ Years Oracle Database Admin Experience in an Enterprise environment
- Experience installing, configuring and managing Oracle 11g and 12c environments preferred.
- Practical experience in pro-active and reactive database performance tuning.
- Experience with Oracle performance views, OEM, ASM, backup and recovery concepts (RMAN) and operating system concepts
- More tools than SQL, but must have solid PL/SQL
- Performance tuning -> Query Optimization