Diversity and Inclusion Project Manager (2531372143)
Our wonderful, non profit client organization is seeking a project specialist in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. Work with a small, dynamic team of consummate professionals for a great Human Resources cause! This is a fully remote role - anywhere in Canada. Our client is located in Ottawa, with the EST zone.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manages the development and implementation of the project plan.
- Contributes to the monitoring and reporting on the project monetary progress, calculating and reporting cash and in-kind contributions.
- Monitors project workplan and regularly submits reports to funder with oversight from the leadership.
- Plans, organizes and facilitates project steering committee get togethers and provides assistance to steering committee members as needed.
- Identifies key participants and initiatives and maintains relationships with industry stakeholders who are interested in, and supportive of employing diverse groups.
- Works closely with marketing and stakeholder engagement teams to achieve project objectives.
- Researches project requirements, project planning, and activity scheduling.
- Creates, manages and monitors project activities to ensure high quality deliverables on time and on budget. Identifies and mitigates project issues.
- Leads the process of engaging advisor services (through competitive processes) and subsequent management of consultants.
- Ensures all parties and stakeholders are informed of project development.
- Establishes key performance measurement policies to monitor the effectiveness of individual actions.
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Social Sciences or Business or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3-5 years of experience managing social science / DEI programming
- A passion for diversity, equity and inclusion
- A strong knowledge of Canadian Human Rights Code, employment legislation in various provinces and international human rights standards and obligations
- Understanding of DEI frameworks, especially for integration of newcomers to Canada considered a strong asset
- Experience in project management (Project Management Professional – PMP designation considered an asset).
- Experience managing federally/provincially funded projects a definite asset.
- Strong communication (report writing), facilitation and collaboration skills.
- Ability to present to diverse external audiences.
- Experience in performing and interpreting qualitative and quantitative studies is an asset.
- Strong software skills including MS Office products, data management, Internet research, etc.
- Ability to work in English, French is considered an asset.
- Ability to travel across Canada once health conditions permit will be required occasionally.
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: Bachelor's Degree
Please call Barb at [Register to View] and submit your resume today!