Client Manager (2569026517)
At LifeWorks, we offer more than career opportunities, we provide career opportunities to make meaningful contributions to people’s lives. The extraordinary expertise of a more than 6,000-strong workforce is harnessed to support the employees and families of the organizations we serve. Our innovative programs have a lasting impact on the health, financial security and productivity of 24,000 workplaces.
LifeWorks can provide clarity among plan options and take the strain out of communications between members, administrators and fund managers. Our Ariel administration system is a robust recordkeeping platform that supports membership database updates, and provides electronic data interfaces, calculations and transactions. The Client Manager, who reports to the Senior Client Manager and/or Director, Defined Contribution Pension Administration, will work within a team of 4 – 10 members that are composed of Analysts up to Directors that support 3 - 5 clients.
The successful candidate will oversee the day-to-day administration of all types of Employer CAP plans (including but not limited to GRSP, TFSA, Non-Registered Plans, RIF/LIFs, Share Purchase Plans, SERPs, and Notional Plans along with DC Pension Plans). Their focus will be on maintaining excellent client relationships, team training and development, process efficiency as well as ensuring audit and quality controls.
We are seeking a creative, innovative and passionate leader!
• Mentors the Associate Client Manager(s), overseeing their and their teams’ work and provides feedback and guidance on an on-going basis
• Supports the Senior Client Manager and/or Director in the overall management and direction of the team
• Builds excellent relationships with clients, through regular telephone contact and office visits. Helps the team to understand the client’s perspective and priorities and ensure they are always client focused and maintain client relationships
• Coordinates and attends quarterly meetings for clients. Does other adhoc client meetings, reporting and presentations as required
• Leads training sessions for the team and/or department to build knowledge on industry topics and trends. Trains and orients new team members on systems and procedures
• Liaises with other teams and/or Client Managers. Devises ways to continuously improve team operations; identifies systems inefficiencies and implements appropriate plans of action
• Analyzes project and work demands to ensure that resources are allocated appropriately amongst the team and that deliverables are being met
• Takes the lead on client escalations and assists the team with proposing timely and cost-effective solutions
• Participates in client implementations; tests new functionalities for existing applications and new applications; contributes to the documentation process
• Participates on special projects as required including internal and external audits or administrative tasks
• University or college degree or equivalent work experience
• 5+ years of experience in a similar role
• 5+ years experience in people and client management experience is required
• Related courses in pension administration (ACAP) or group benefits (CEBS), an asset
• Proven leader with the ability to motivate and inspire team members
• Mentor and coach, who demonstrates patience and intuition
• Extremely organized self-starter, flexible, highly independent
• Exceptional customer focus with strong business and professional acumen
• Excellent communication, project management, presentation and negotiation skills
• Strong computer skills, particularly MS Word and Excel
• Experience with pension administration software an asset
LifeWorks is a global leader in delivering technology-enabled solutions that help clients support the total wellbeing of their people and build organizational resiliency.
By improving lives, we improve business. Our solutions span employee and family assistance, health and wellness, recognition, pension and benefits administration, retirement and financial consulting, actuarial and investment services.
LifeWorks employs over 6,000 employees who work with some 24,000 client organizations that use our services in more than 160 countries.
LifeWorks is a publicly traded company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LWRK).