Program Coordinator (Health Forward) (2587465888)
Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative and collaborative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures. Join us and Apply today!
What you will be doing
As of October 18, 2021, AmerisourceBergen requires all Canadian team members to be fully vaccinated and show proof of completed vaccine status at time of hire. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine due to a qualifying medical condition or sincerely held religious belief you will be required to follow AmerisourceBergen’s policy and process to apply for an exemption/accommodation
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan Member (patient) enrollment to ensure that the plan member is participating in any available support program that is offered by the drug manufacturer (i.e. Patient Assistance Programs);
- Pharmacy and prescription set up for patients, during the enrollment process as well as ongoing support for the time the patient is in the HealthForward Program;
- Acquire knowledge of funding mechanisms including private and public insurance plans;
- Coordinate and manage all aspects required in order to sustain prescription drug coverage for patients according to the parameters of their private plan;
- Coordinate cases with Patient Assistance Programs, pharmacy, physician offices and healthcare professionals in order to maximize health outcomes;
- Coordinate documents, submissions and all related paperwork to Patient Assistance Programs, physician offices, and pharmacies;
- Provide patients with adherence/compliance services to ensure that the patient is taking their medication as prescribed and supporting the patient to overcome any potential adherence barriers;
- Be available between the hours of 8:00AM to 8:00PM, with the ability to maintain flexible working hours;
- Maintain professionalism in a call center environment
- Other duties as assigned.
What your background should look like
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Should have broad training in fields such as business administration, customer service, sales, marketing, health care or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a two-year Associate's Degree Program or equivalent combination of experience and education. Normally requires at least two (2) years directly related experience.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Post-secondary education or equivalent in a related discipline;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in customer service, in an office setting;
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel);
- Professional / courteous / efficient telephone manner;
- Proven ability to organize time, set priorities and multi-task in order to meet various competing work deadlines;
- Candidate must have strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Attention to detail;
- Experience in the healthcare, pharmaceutical or insurance industry is an asset; and
- Bilingualism, French/English is an asset.
What AmerisourceBergen offers
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, diverse and designed to meet the various needs across our associate population.
Throughout our global footprint and various business units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contributions. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location, position and/or business unit.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AmerisourceBergen is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.