Business Development Manager, Canada (Law Firm) (2591549710)
A Few Words about Clyde & Co
Clyde & Co is a leading global law firm, specializing in the sectors that underpin global trade and commercial activity, namely: insurance, transport, infrastructure, energy, and trade and commodities. It is globally integrated, offering a comprehensive range of contentious and non-contentious legal services and commercially-minded legal advice to businesses operating across developed and developing markets. Clyde & Co is committed to operating in a responsible way. This means progressing towards a diverse and inclusive workforce that reflects the diversity of its communities and clients, using its legal skills to support its communities through pro bono work, volunteering and charitable partnerships, and minimizing the impact it has on the environment. The firm has 440 partners, 1800 lawyers, 2500 legal professionals and 4000 staff in over 50 offices and associated offices worldwide.
Overview of the Role
This role will be focused on driving the business development efforts for the firm's Canadian practices and lawyers working out of our Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver office locations. The Business Development Manager will have a broad range of duties, as shown below. In addition, the incumbent should be a team player with strong organizational and writing skills as well as a sharp attention to detail. He/she should be able to communicate accurately and professionally with both internal and external clients and vendors and to work independently while completing tasks efficiently with minimal oversight.
This position can be based in either Canadian city where Clyde & Co has an office (Toronto, Vancouver or Montreal), depending on where we find the most suitable candidate for the role.
- Creating and managing marketing materials and activities, including directory submissions, seminars, conferences, sponsorships, etc.;
- Assisting with pitch and RFP efforts, including developing customized content;
- Tracking, analyzing and evaluating activity associated with business development initiatives across Canada's three offices and recommending strategies to increase the initiatives' overall effectiveness;
- Conducting client, prospect, industry, competitor and market research/analysis to inform targeted business development efforts;
- Developing business development budgets and monitoring business development expenditures;
- Driving strategic initiatives that promote greater collaboration across the Americas and increase revenue;
- Liaising with the Communications team to effectively promote the successes of the practices;
- Supporting the North American Head of Business Development on other projects as directed;
- Maintaining the operational standards of the Business Development team to ensure:
> our branding approach is implemented effectively;
> marketing materials effectively represent the positioning of each business line/practice;
> our approach to pitches is informed by sector knowledge;
> the management of events is efficient and cost-effective;
- Expecting, furthermore, that the Business Development Manager:
> effectively supports and communicates the key aims of the firm's business development agenda, assisting partners, lawyers and team members in maintaining an awareness of these aims and guiding their implementation;
> maintains an overview of the developments taking place in the firm and their market and communicates those developments to partners, lawyers and other team members;
> contributes to the continuing development of business development tools that support the implementation of our plans;
>exemplifies the attributes that we wish to communicate to the market.
- Executing other relevant responsibilities as dictated by new or emerging business needs.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business management or the equivalent;
- Prior law firm experience in a professional or management function preferred;
- 7+ years of directly relevant experience;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English with strong organizational skills;
- Experience with CRM systems and a high level of proficiency with MS Office software, particularly Excel;
- Exceptional attention to detail;
- Ability to interact independently and professionally with senior partners and business professionals;
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks;
- Ability to meet deadlines and complete day-to-day projects in a timely fashion;
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with little or no supervision;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work at all levels with confidence, a positive attitude and an aptitude for gaining credibility fairly quickly;
- Ability to follow complex instructions;
- Flexibility to manage demands outside of traditional business hours;
- Bilingualism, English & French, would be a definite asset.
This is the job description as constituted at present; however, the Firm reserves the right to reasonably amend it in accordance with the changing needs of the business.
Please note that Clyde & Co LLP Canada requires all Firm members and visitors to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 prior to entering the workplace. Applicants who receive an employment offer will be required to provide proof of full vaccination upon arrival to the Firm as a condition to enter our offices. Clyde & Co LLP has a duty to accommodate those who are unable to get vaccinated due to religious, medical or other protected grounds. For applicants who require an accommodation, please contact your recruitment advisor to discuss further.
We offer a rewarding work environment that supports professional growth and opportunities. We value diversity in our work place and it is the policy of the Firm to recruit, hire, promote, reassign, compensate and train highly qualified persons without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable law.
CLYDE & CO PRIVACY NOTICE: [Register to View]