Customer Service, Property Claims (2612500322)
This role will start off as work from home, gradually you will be required to work in our Oakville or Markham office location.
Individually we are people, but together we are Aviva. Individually these are just words, but together they are our Values – Care, Commitment, Community, and Confidence.
We are currently recruiting for a Property Claims Advisor for our Customer Response - Property team.
This role will be responsible for claim settlement via telephone with a key focus on quality and customer service. The successful candidate will work with premiere property vendors to quantify the claim and apply cost saving guidelines in the quantification of loss and expense without compromising the delivery of superior customer service.
What you’ll do
- Investigate and negotiate property claims in accordance with Aviva's claim procedures and guidelines.
- Responsible for confirming coverage and compiling FNOL information for incoming claims.
- Responsible for data accuracy and the issuance of payments to vendors, insureds and experts.
- Review and compile facts, policy, and technical reports, analyze Xactware estimates, value of claim and negotiate/settle claim accordingly.
- Effectively advise and counsel customers on claim status, provide prompt and exemplary customer service and while keeping related parties informed of the claims status.
- Responsible to ensure all correspondence is completed in a time efficient/effective manner including the creation of Critical Path, Proof of Loss and reservation of rights letters etc...
- Responsible for recognizing questionable claims, subrogation and risk opportunities.
- Also responsible for reviewing case law to determine liability.
- Meets Property team performance expectations that are set individually and contributes to team success.
- Adheres to and supports policies surrounding attendance
What you’ll bring
- Strong customer service background
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Bilingualism in English and French (asset)
- 1 - 2 years insurance experience, in dealing with residential and commercial property losses. (nice to have)
Must be able to work rotating shifts during the hours of 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM Monday to Friday, and 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM on Saturday
What you’ll get
- Competitive rewards package including base compensation, eligibility for annual bonus, retirement savings, share plan, health benefits, personal wellness, and volunteer opportunities.
- Exceptional Career Development opportunities.
- We’ll support your professional development education.
Additional Information: Aviva Canada has an accommodation process in place to provide accommodations for employees with disabilities. If upon commencement of employment you require a specific accommodation because of a disability, please contact your Talent Acquisition Partner so that an appropriate accommodation can be arranged. This process applies throughout your career with Aviva Canada.