Chief Technology Advisor (2450556160)
Fueled by creativity and ideation, World Wide Technology strives to accelerate our growth and nurture future innovation. From our world class culture, to our generous benefits, to developing cutting edge technology solutions, WWT constantly works towards its mission of creating a profitable growth company that is a great place to work. We encourage our employees to embrace collaboration, get creative and think outside the box when it comes to delivering some of the most advanced technology solutions for our customers.
At a glance, WWT was founded in 1990 in St. Louis, Missouri. We employ over 7,000 individuals and closed nearly $13 Billion in revenue. We have an inclusive culture and believe our core values are the key to company and employee success. WWT is proud to announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE "100 Best Places to Work For®" list for the ninth consecutive year!
Want to work with highly motivated individuals that come together to form high performance team? Come join WWT today! We are looking for a Chief Technology Advisor to join our Global Service Provider team.
Why should you join WWT as a CTA?
The Chief Technology Advisor (CTA) is a customer focused executive with the ability to form trusted advisory relationships with Technology and business leadership at our customers. S/he must demonstrate a depth of knowledge, experience, and passion for digital transformation. The candidate must possess broad expertise in infrastructure, application, security and cloud architectures. S/he must have experience managing complex architectures and deployments at Fortune 1000 level organizations. S/he must possess the business acumen to identify business needs and opportunities, and the problem-solving skills to help achieve them through technological and organizational innovation.
What will you be doing?
The Chief Technology Advisor fosters relationships by working closely with our Account Teams and customers. S/he provides leadership and vision, while being a contributing, inspiring member of the team of resources focused on achieving business outcomes. S/he collaborates with technical subject matter experts and application development resources and works jointly with our Management Consulting organization to define account strategy and deliver the right approach for our clients' digital transformation.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & COMPENTENCIES
The CTA has a broad focus that will ultimately lead to the deployment of modernized systems and transformative solutions across the IT landscape in support of our customers' business strategies. Our CTA are expected to advise CIO/CTO/EA level contacts and their teams as they move their business to cloud architectures and/or embark on digital transformation.
· Lead Executive/Sr. level meetings with customers to gain a detailed understanding of their technical and business needs
· Help develop transformational solutions that enable our customers to achieve best-in-class performance, reliability, and privacy, while adhering to industry standard architectural principals
· Conduct architecture and technical workshops that may include enablement sessions, working with WWT experts in network, compute, storage, virtualization, SP Mobility, collaboration, security, big data and application development
· Demonstrate WWTs value proposition and differentiation effectively to technical and business audiences
· Develop thorough understanding of WWT's Advanced Technology Center, Integration Technology Center and Professional Services capabilities and effective working relationships with leaders in these areas to represent the full WWT value proposition to customers
· Work closely with OEM and WWT various service lines to ensure smooth transitions from sales to delivery
· Participate in industry, product, sales, and procedural training as needed to maintain the knowledge and certifications necessary to be effective
· Provide accurate and timely management information such as activity reports, bid reviews and project forecasts that adhere to the WWT's quality and business processes
SKILLS AND COMPENTENCIES:
· Experience in the Communication Service Providers industry
· Advanced understanding of infrastructure (network, storage, compute, virtualization) and information security
· Proficient on cloud platform architecture and design including SaaS, PaaS and IaaS.
· Experience with software-defined networks, software-defined data center infrastructure and understanding of modern cloud capabilities (Private, Hybrid and Public)
· Proficient with Services Provider technology stack including RAN, Transport, Core, OSS and BSS
· Understanding of various automation and orchestration technologies in a CSP environment
· Familiar with agile development and continuous integration
· Strong interpersonal, presentation and negotiating skills
· Excellent communication, analytic and problem solving skills
· Sound business acumen and executive presence.
· Proven track record of working with subject matter experts, consultants, professional services, IT, operations, and others over the technology lifecycle to maximize ROI / TCO.
· Strong ability to think creatively and strategically.
· Experience mediating and negotiating with individuals and groups internally and externally by keeping colleagues updated on activities and forecasting
· Proven collaborative approach; openly sharing information and receptive to the ideas of others.
· Exceptional leadership and team building skills with the ability to direct, motivate and empower teams through a persuasive and credible thought process and presentation skills.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
· Masters' degree in Business or Computer Science/Engineering, and/or equivalent work experience
· Minimum 10 years of progressive engineering management experience in a highly complex, sophisticated environment, preferably in the CSP industry
· 3-5+ years in an enterprise-scale CIO, CTO or EA role
· Experience leading the development of enterprise architectures, cloud environments and application frameworks
· Demonstrated experience working with geographically (and potentially globally) dispersed teams
· Record of building high trust relationships that create a network of partners across a diversified organization.
· Proven team building and relationship management skills
· This role may require on-location work with WWT customers. Some customers may require
Want to learn more about Global Enterprise Sales? Check out the Solutions and Services we provide on the platform: https://wwt.com
The well-being of WWT employees is essential. So, when it comes to our benefits package, WWT has one of the best. We offer the following benefits to all full-time employees:
- Health and Wellbeing: Heath, Dental, and Vision Care, Onsite Health Centers, Employee Assistance Program, Wellness program
- Financial Benefits: Competitive pay, Profit Sharing, 401k Plan with Company Matching, Life and Disability Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off: PTO & Holidays, Parental Leave, Sick Leave, Military Leave, Bereavement
- Additional Perks: Nursing Mothers Benefits, Voluntary Legal, Pet Insurance, Employee Discount Program
World Wide Technology, Inc. offers excellent benefits and competitive compensation. Visit our company web page at [Register to View] for more information.
WWT employees and contractors coming on-site to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and/or to receive frequent negative COVID-19 testing.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Differently Abled