Assistant Store Manager - Operations (2527570832)
At Lowe’s Canada, over 26,000 employees let their passion blossom every day. Our teams are driven by the desire to help people bring their projects to life and are committed to making a difference in the communities we serve.
We operate or service some 470 corporate and affiliated dealer stores. With a distinctive product and service offering and complementary store formats ranging from neighbourhood hardware stores to big box stores, our Lowe’s, RONA, Reno-Depot, and Dick’s Lumber banners are always looking for dedicated employees to help meet the needs of all DIYers and contractors.
You’ve got the talent? We’ve got the tools! Here, your work and ideas will contribute to building a flourishing organization. Your voice will always be heard and valued. You’ll find career opportunities that live up to your ambitions and be able to further develop your unique set of skills.
So if you’re looking to do what you love, and to grow and evolve within our family-one of the best employers in Canada according to a recent Forbes survey-we could be perfect for each other.
The Assistant Store Manager leads a team of associates who work together to ensure our customers receive exceptional service while shopping in a clean, safe, well-stocked store. The Assistant Store Manager is accountable for achieving sales and margin goals while driving operational efficiencies and maximizing overall customer satisfaction with the Lowe’s in-store experience. At times, the Assistant Store Manager is expected to provide full leadership over the store.
The Assistant Store Manager collaborates with peers on the store leadership team as well as the District Manager and Area support staff to assess the needs of our customers and develop the best methods for achieving service, sales, and operational objectives.
- Oversees all front-end and back-end operational programs (e.g., freight flow, delivery, fulfillment, cashiers, admin office, PUIS desk, etc.), driving productivity and efficiency in all non- selling activities.
- Drives collaboration between day and night operations teams to ensure effective flow of work between day and night operations and no unnecessary duplication of activities.
- Identifies any barriers to operational processes or the customer experience and communicates those barriers as well as solutions in a timely manner.
- Sets clear and measurable service, sales and operational goals for the team, ensures the team’s effort supports those goals, and tracks progress on a daily basis.
- Drives execution of all service, sales and operational programs in assigned area by monitoring activities, providing feedback, and making adjustments where needed.
- Anticipates customer flow and work demand and appropriately redirects efforts and schedules to ensure proper coverage when and where needed.
- Anticipates and proactively addresses operational issues that could impact customer service levels and/or achievement of store sales goals.
- Teaches and demonstrates effective use of Lowe’s selling and service model.
- Models the behaviors that are needed to deliver SMART customer service, maintain an in-stock position, and keep the store clean and safe for customers.
- Interviews, selects, develops and provides direct leadership over a team that support product categories in assigned area.
- Adhering to company safety policies and procedures while working.
The qualifications we are looking for
Bachelor's degree, certification, or background in logistics or in related field (in asset).
5 years of experience leading associates in a retail environment.
3 years of experience leading support/operations associates in a retail or consumer service industry.
1 years of experience performing manager-on-duty responsibilities, including management of daily store operations and processes within and beyond assigned areas of responsibility.
Experience working with store computer systems.
Experience working in a fast-paced, cross-functional work environment.
* Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
Your benefits of working for Lowe’s Canada:
By joining the Lowe’s Canada family, you’ll enjoy many benefits, such as:
- An inclusive and safe working environment
- Promotion of work-life balance
- Exclusive employee discounts
- Benefits: insurance (certain conditions apply), annual salary review, etc.
- Opportunities for advancement within the company
- An employer that’s involved in the community
- Teamwork and ongoing training
- A comprehensive training program for all new hires
- A company discount on store merchandise
- A student incentive program
- And much more!
The masculine generic is used without discrimination and only in order to simplify the text. Lowe’s Canada is committed to encouraging diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, nationality, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.