Planning and Field Operations Manager (2531371718)
Maple Lodge Farms is Canada’s largest poultry processor. We operate to the latest in technological, health and safety and quality standards. With rapid expansion over the years, and continued innovation and investment in growth – we are looking for committed and star players to join our team!
Interested in joining a private, family-owned, Canadian business? Maple Lodge Farms Catching Services Ltd. continues to grow.
The main purpose is to provide leadership and support to all areas of planning and field operations.
Key Accountabilities and Activities:
- Working with the Live Haul, Catching, Dispatchers and Planners to ensure planning and execution of catching plans.
- Collaborate with the Fleet Manager to ensure the proper amount of equipment and trucks to cover daily/nightly jobs
- Oversee the management of our Foreign Worker Program including policy adherence, hiring, arrival logistics and management. Works closely on this program with our Immigration Lawyer and internal translator.
- Ensure worker compliance for all catching policies and protocols. Manage all non-compliances and deal with employee issues with lead hands.
- Ensure effect and efficient catching schedules and execution. Work with teams on improvement initiatives.
- Ensure all policies, bio-security and Health & Safety practices are followed.
- Support Strategy development and execution for Catching Services and the Live Supply Chain.
- Organize and supervise the activities and work of a team of subordinates to ensure that all assigned work activity is carried out in an efficient and procedurally compliant manner
- Provide formal and informal feedback to subordinates to ensure their continuous development and overall contribution to the achievement of Maple Lodge Farms business strategy
- Responsible for all aspects of Human Resources functions for team including hiring, onboarding, performance management and disciplinary matters.
- Develop team capabilities through continue on-the-job and formal training opportunities and coaching
Policies, Processes & Procedures
- Adhere/comply with company policies and procedures
- Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner
- Recommend, develop and implement enhancements and improvements to departmental policies and procedures
- Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of improved department specific processes, policies and procedures
Knowledge, Skills Experience:
- Minimum five years of experience required, including a minimum of two years in a Supervisory/Management role
- Advanced knowledge of food and meat plant regulatory standards (CFIA, etc.), GMP, HACCP, BRC, food safety, food quality, etc
- Working knowledge of knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), WHMIS, and all other workplace H&S regulations
- Team-player with the ability to interact professionally with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated success in building strong, collaborative teams, setting stretch objectives, and holding people accountable for commitments with a track record of delivery favourable results;
- Analytical with problem-identification and problem-solving capabilities.
- General Computer Skills (eg MS Office)
Education and Certification Requirements:
- High School Diploma
- Building Trust – Builds strong relationships on a foundation of trust, loyalty and authenticity.
- Driving for Results – Relentlessly pursues quantifiable and measurable results: identifies areas for improvement and executes changes as necessary.
- Communication & Listening – Encourages open and honest communication with the team, communicates messages clearly and concisely and listens attentively to others.
- Initiative – Proactively seeks new opportunities and challenges; takes ownership and accountability for enhancing results or minimizing problems.
- Builds Networks – Builds strong relationships with peers, partners and key stakeholders, cultivating meaningful connections.
- Awareness & Insight – Assesses one’s own abilities, understands how actions impact perceptions and thrives within our culture, climate and organization at all levels.
- Building High Performance Teams – Recruits and retains high-performing talent, sets high standards for performance and ultimately creates a collaborative culture.
- Coaching & Mentoring Others – Supports the growth of others by providing regular feedback, fostering connections, and formulating individualized development plans.
- Office Environment.
In accordance with Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants are required to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen will be contacted.