Project Engineer/ Technologist (2529905921)
NES Fircroft is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil & Gas Industry.
The successful candidate will have experience as a Project Engineer/Technologist preferably in the oil & gas industry. We are currently seeking a talented and dedicated professional to fill the role of Project Engineer. The successful candidate will report to the Manager, Downstream Projects – Canada, and will be responsible for the safe and effective delivery of large projects (TIC $5-25M) within the Canadian Downstream operating assets.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate completion of project front-end development activities following the project delivery model including scope development, Value Improving Practices (VIP), risk assessment, process hazard analysis, design basis, cost estimate and project schedule development, with internal project team functions, stakeholders, and external engineering consultants.
- Coordinate completion of detailed engineering activities following the project delivery model including technical inputs, design/constructability reviews, regulatory approvals, and development of construction work packages, with internal project team functions, stakeholders, and external engineering consultants.
- Facilitate procurement of equipment and construction contracts in coordination with internal stakeholders and external engineering consultants.
- Ensure project adheres to established cost estimates, schedules, scope, quality, and achieves project objectives through the application of effective project change management processes.
- Prepare and maintain appropriate project documentation including funding requests, status updates, decision records, and ensure project closeout activities are completed.
- Provide support to the construction management, commissioning, and startup teams as required to safely and effectively construct and commission project designs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Technologist's Diploma
- APEGGA or APEGS professional designation
- Technologists to be eligible for registration with ASET & SASTT
- Project Management Professional certification with PMI an asset
Experience, Skills & Qualifications:
- Demonstrated proficiency in general mechanical design.
- 5 years' experience in process manufacturing
- Minimum 3 to 4 years’ experience in general engineering in an industrial setting such as oil sands upgrading, heavy oil upgrading, petrochemical or refinery industries
- Minimum 5 years of experience in multi-discipline project management (TIC $5-25M) in an industrial setting
Location / Travel / Length of Contract:
- This role is in Be based in Lloydminster Alberta with occasional business travel
- The schedule will be 5 x 2 rotation / 8 hours daily
We look forward to receiving your resume highlighting the details of your education and work history. This position is available immediately and will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.