Manager, Program Development & Partnerships (2531373069)
Manager, Program Development & Partnerships
Visions of Science is committed to advancing STEM equity by intentionally supporting youth and communities who experience significant barriers to participation. We facilitate community-based youth engagement programs, provide support for families and educators, and advocate for equitable STEM education, and opportunity throughout the system. We believe that when youth understand the possibilities within STEM, they are empowered with the relevant skills and knowledge to be leaders in their community, agents of change for society, and good stewards of the planet. To learn more about Visions of Science please visit: www.vosnl.org.
Visions of Science prioritizes facilitating power, platform, and agency to individuals who represent the ethnicities, cultures, and lived experiences of the children and youth in the communities that we partner with in all areas of the organization and our work. We strongly encourage individuals from equity-deserving groups who are historically underrepresented in STEM to apply.
Our programs and partnerships represent our proof of concept for broader social change and the effective execution of our mission. The next phase of development at Visions of Science will require innovative thinking, and an intimate understanding of our communities to ensure effective initiatives are developed and implemented.
As the Manager of Program Development & Partnerships, you will be responsible for working with team members and partners to design and develop innovative initiatives and collaborations that will be implemented for children and youth across our communities.
We are looking for someone who is confident working with low-income and racialized communities, has a strong command of program development, partner engagement, and mentorship to empower teams to meet objectives. This individual should be passionate about improving the lives of youth within communities. This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Term/Contract Type: 2 Years Full-Time Contract
- Hours of Work/Schedule: 35 Hours a week
- Available Positions: 1
- Contract Duration: November 22, 2021 to November 22, 2023 with options for renewal
- Job Location(s): Toronto, 71 Regent Park Boulevard + Remote Work
- Salary: $58,045
- Comprehensive benefits package including: extended health & dental and Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan (GRRSP) matching contributions.
- Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
- Posting open until position filled
Major Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
- Lead the development and planning of program models and curriculum to ensure program objectives are met across communities and stakeholders engaged
- Develop, manage and monitor new program pilot initiatives, use learnings in an ongoing process of improvement, adaptation, and change with the ultimate goal of developing high quality community-responsive programs
- Develop and manage new and existing partnerships and collaborations to achieve intended outcomes and collective impact
- Develop and standardize training tools which will capture best practices and approaches
- Co-development of program activities with community stakeholders, ensure community perspectives captured and inform programming
- Work with research and advocacy team to ensure effective strategies and approaches for programs identified and inform development
- Work with program implementation and community engagements teams to inform outreach programs developed to meet participant engagement targets
- Work with evaluation and program implementation teams to monitor program delivery and outcomes for future improvements
- Inform development of program evaluation plan and timeline to assess all stakeholders effectively
- Inform development of evaluation tracking systems to monitor the effectiveness of strategies and approaches of programs
- Lead and and meaningfully contribute to team meetings, program reviews and debriefs to assess program progress and efficacy
- Support completion of relevant grants based on program development and implementation outcomes to ensure program needs are addressed with future funding opportunities
- Mentor and provide support to teams
- Participate in and lead aspects of trainings to ensure teams prepared to implement programming developed
What We’re Looking For
Key Knowledge, Skills, Competencies
- Comfortable leading and contributing to diverse, multidisciplinary and dynamic teams to meet development objectives
- Strong behavioural management, facilitation, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Strong commitment to anti-oppression, equity, and justice
- Strong command of strength-based and asset based approaches to community-driven development
- Ability to assess situations, identify resources available, and enact different solutions or provide recommendations to address challenges
- Ability to nurture innovation through mentorship of team members
Other Key Skills
- Strong management skills, ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Works both independently and cooperatively in a team environment, while maintaining the flexibility to adapt to the changing circumstances and priorities of a dynamic and growing organizationSkills in developing virtual programming
- Skills and knowledge in navigating virtual platforms
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, Google Drive
Experience & Expertise
Education & Training
- Candidates who are interested, pursuing or have completed a field of study related to STEM, education, social work, or child and youth care are preferred
- 2-5 years of program development, implementation and leadership experience in community development projects focused on children and youth from low-income/racialized communities
- Documented experience in online and in person curriculum development, lesson planning, workshop facilitation, and both formal and informal program and outcomes evaluation techniques
- Demonstrated experience fostering relationships and building partnerships and collaborations across different industries
- Demonstrated experience using data and feedback to develop innovative curriculum for stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience working with and leading diverse teams
- Lived experience from low-income and racialized communities
- G license and access to a vehicle
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector, and a strong knowledge of issues impacting our communities
You must include the following in your application via Linkedin:
As a follow up, you will be asked to provide a written or video statement of interest. Instructions will be shared via Linkedin after we receive your resume.
- Tell us about yourself. Why do you want to work at Visions of Science? What impact do you want to have?
Posting open until position filled.
Please note that only candidates selected to move forward in the hiring process will be contacted.