Deli Associate - FT (Mt. Lehman) (2529905867)
- Providing responsive, exceptional service to deli counter customers by answering questions, making recommendations, providing samples, and responding to requests
- Recommending, slicing, weighing, packaging, and pricing meats and cheeses
- Preparing special orders and party trays
- Updating displays, cases, and other customer-facing areas to ensure new items and promotions are showcased
- Ensuring that work areas are ready to service customers by cleaning surfaces, equipment, and floors, removing trash, and confirming that tools are in working order
- Following all food safety and sanitation procedures established by the company and other regulatory agencies
- Cooperating with others to ensure customer satisfaction
- Perform opening and closing procedures
- Contribute to the Team in living the Corporate Values of Integrity, Community and Excellence
Our team provides a range of products and services to support our member-owners. Through the work that we do, we help to build, fuel, feed and grow Western Canadian communities together.
Who you are:
You are looking for a career in Retail Store Operations and:
- Experience working a Deli counter or in food preparation
- Proven customer service or retail experience is a plus
- Ability to lift heavy items, ranging from 25 to 50 lbs., and operate equipment, such as meat and cheese slicers, scales, cash registers, etc.
- Excellent customer service, communication, and math skills
- Ability to comprehend and follow all company procedures and regulations regarding food handling and sanitation
- A courteous and efficient approach to handling customer requests, questions, and complaints
- Must be committed to a SAFE working environment
- Must be available 7 days a week to work a variety of shifts including early mornings, afternoons, and evenings
- This position is based at the Mt. Lehman Food Store, though it may require on occasion to travel and work at other locations as business needs arise
Otter Co-op is committed to a diverse and supportive working environment based on our Core Company Values of Integrity, Community and Excellence. We are committed to giving back to our communities through our Corporate Social Responsibility Program. Last year, Otter donated over $407,000 to a variety of local charities and community organizations.
At Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we are working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows all to bring their whole selves to work.
All successful candidates will be required to undergo a background check.
We would like to thank everyone for their applications, however only candidates that will be moving forward in the interview process will be contacted.
Powered by JazzHR