Governor Electrical Engineer (2549541138)
As a member of the Electrical Engineering Product Development Team located in Chambly, the selected candidate will participate in projects for new power plants and rehabilitation projects. The main responsibilities will be as follows:
- Perform preliminary engineering before putting equipment into service;
- Contribute in research and development projects on the development of new control systems;
- Be responsible for the partial implementation of systems while respecting the quotes and schedules;
- Validate the inter-connectivity between each device of the delivered system using industrial communication protocols (DNP3, Modbus, Ethernet etc.);
- Perform and document system test and validation procedures;
- Participate in defining the specifications of the system and software requirements as well as implementing the required tools to monitor the different configurations;
- Write various engineering documents; operating specifications, test report and commissioning procedures, etc.
- Commissioning of voltage and speed regulation systems;
- Respond to service calls concerning voltage and speed regulation.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s in electrical engineering or equivalent and five (5) years of related experience;
- Professional Engineer registered with the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec;
- Experience in designing control systems for rotating machines (asset);
- Experience in excitation or speed control system of synchronous alternator (asset);
- Experience in developing operator interfaces (Labview, Citect, iFix, Iconics, WonderWare, Rockwell ...);
- Knowledge of Industrial communication networks (Ethernet, Serial, Cellular, DNP3, Modbus, IEC61850, OPC Server / Client…) (asset);
- Knowledge of simulator development on real-time platform, Matlab / Simulink, C ++ (asset);
- Commissioning experience (asset);
- PLC programming (Schneider, GE, Allen Bradley);
- Fluency in spoken and written English and French;
- Mobility for commissioning, around 20% to 30% per year.
*Legal status to work in Canada is required.