Infrastructure Project Manager (2531372735)
We are Systematix and we are currently looking for an IT Project Manager with experience in Mergers and Acquisitions to aid in our client’s implementation and ongoing integration strategies.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Our client is looking for a Strategic Project Manager to be responsible for the integration of IT systems and infrastructure for their Global organization. In this role you will be expected to have strong project management acumen, exceptional communication and mediation skills. In this transitional role, you will be required to document the project scope and objectives and oversee quality control throughout its lifecycle. This includes coordinating the efforts of geographically dispersed delivery teams and third parties to achieve a successful transition according to plan.
Some of your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Migrate legacy IT services hosted on-premise and cloud hybrid environments to the respective enterprise platform, adhering to global standards
- Stand-up IT infrastructure and peripherals in a new purpose-built manufacturing plant
- Rollout the replacement of end-user client devices and applications to Associates
- Transition Associates to the new organization whilst minimizing disruption to operations
- Drive the end-to-end delivery of transitioning IT services, site stand-up and end-user compute rollout to time, cost and quality criteria
- Document and manage the dependencies across legacy and target IT workstreams, including hardware and software solutions
- Develop and own the plan for the project. Manage progress against plan, budget and resource requirements to achieve project objectives
- Ensure effective collaboration between all teams and individuals involved in the project i.e. the Business, IT and external suppliers / partners as appropriate
- Ensure all stakeholders/teams are aware of each other’s priorities and activities
- Proactively manage risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies, ensuring that these are identified, mitigated or escalated as necessary to achieve key milestones
- Identify potential changes to project scope and manage via the change control process
- Clarify roles and expectations for all project participants and hold suppliers and colleagues to account
- Provide reporting on project status at the agreed frequency. Produce materials for project governance groups
- Support Business Change teams to draft communications for impacted stakeholders
ABOUT THE REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business, or a related field.
- 5+ years of project management and related experience.
- Experienced in managing technical IT infrastructure change, end-user compute deployment and application migrations in both Mac and Windows environments
- Applying PRINCE2 and Agile methodologies in an unstructured environment
- Good understanding of ITIL processes and experience of using continuous improvement techniques
- Strong record of leadership and successful delivery of complex transition projects across multiple stakeholder groups whilst under tight timelines
- Able to manage geographically dispersed teams to execute goals and set and meet milestones
- Project management, report writing and analytical skills
- Strong organizational, communicational, time management and planning skills
- Self-motivated, with excellent ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent team-working skills with willingness and ability to engage with others at all levels of the organization
- Ability to analyze information and present it in a clear, concise way to scientific and corporate audiences
- Ability to work under pressure without compromising the quality of work
- Competent use of all standard MS Office applications, including MS Project and Visio
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This is a 6-month engagement with a requirement to work some days onsite at our client’s location in the Vancouver area.
If you are interested in finding out more, please contact us or submit your resume. Or, if you know someone who meets these qualifications, please forward this assignment.
Systematix is one of North America's largest privately owned National Consulting and Resourcing firms. We provide the highest caliber consulting solutions to a diverse client base that includes all levels of Government and all Private Industry sectors. At Systematix, we pride ourselves in taking care of our consultant and client partnerships; we only work with people who enjoy making a difference.