Field Service Engineer (Entry, Intermediate & Sr.) (2575508602)
- Respond and provide technical direction to customers regarding operational issues, firmware upgrades and general maintenance
- Assess the customer’s product application, troubleshoot and diagnose issues through research and/or re-creation to determine the root cause
- Recommend solutions utilizing various levels of technical language appropriate to the customer in a timely, clear and professional manner.
- Maintain a communication link between customer service and other departments by partnering to resolve customer issues and communicating customer feedback to aid in design changes including customer “feature requests” to product managers
- Support the development of product communications by generating or authoring customer guides and provide the technical writing group with information including Pinouts, FAQ, Application notes, Best Practices and customer product or system configuration including product integration with other manufacturer’s products
- Install products or systems at customer sites and deliver training to customers in-house or abroad
- Direct experience with Server Hardware, Linux OS and Network setup is an asset
- Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Electronic Technician education required
- Unparalleled desire to help the customer and deliver service excellence
- Passion for technology and learning new software and hardware products
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Problem-solving ability and able to react to changing situations
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Must be eligible for international travel and be able to work alone with little or no supervision
- Must have a valid Ontario driver’s license
Evertz Microsystems (TSX:ET) is a leading global manufacturer of broadcast equipment and solutions that deliver content to television sets, on-demand services, WebTV, IPTV, and mobile devices (like phones and tablets). Evertz has expertise in delivering complete end-to-end broadcast solutions for all aspects of broadcast production including content creation, content distribution and content delivery. Considered as an innovator by their customers, Evertz delivers cutting edge solutions that are unmatched in the industry in both hardware and software. Evertz delivers products and solutions that can be found in major broadcast facilities on every continent. Evertz’ customer base also includes telcos, satellite, cable TV, and IPTV providers. With over 1700 employees, that include hardware and software engineers, Evertz is one of the leaders in the broadcast industry. Evertz has a global presence with offices located in: Canada, United States, United Kingdom, Germany, United Arab Emirates, India, Hong Kong, China, Singapore, and Australia. Evertz was named one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies, which recognizes excellence in Canadian-owned and Canadian-managed companies. Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies identifies Canadian corporate success through companies focused on their core vision, creating stakeholder value and excelling in the global economy.
Evertz makes certain there is an equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, Evertz will strive to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources upon scheduling your interview.
Thank you for considering a career with Evertz
Powered by JazzHR