Nurse Practitioner - Vanier Social Pediatrics Hub (2612523450)
- A Baccalaureate degree in nursing from a recognized university.
- Certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Nurse in the Extended Class
- Under the Centre’s designation to provide French Language Services:
- French (oral expression): Advanced +
- French (oral comprehension): Advanced +
- French (reading comprehension): Advanced +
- Three to five years’ experience in community and/or public health settings
- Experience working with infants, children and youth 0-17 years
- Experience working with high risk, homeless youth
- Experience in mental health and addictions
- Experience working with clients with diverse socio-economic and cultural backgrounds
- Experience working within a harm reduction approach
- Knowledge of the impact of social/cultural/economic factors on the determinants of health and how they impact children/youth and their families.
- Commitment to and knowledge of the principles of social pediatrics.
- Knowledge, understanding, and sensitivity to the complexity of issues arising for vulnerable children/youth and families.
- Excellent counseling skills
- Excellent assessment skills in the physical, social and mental health and development of children and youth.
- Strong crisis intervention skills, suicide intervention skills, organizational skills, communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively within and across multi-disciplinary teams and community partners.
- Ability to work with clients presenting a wide range of health issues
- Commitment to and knowledge of community-based health care
- Demonstrated flexibility, sound judgment, initiative & creativity
- Proficiency in the use of computers and various software applications
- Respects and values the diversity of communities and individuals
Sandy Hill Community Health Centre offers employees an excellent benefits package which includes four weeks holidays (pro-rated to status) in addition to a Pension Plan (Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan - HOOPP) and excellent Group Insurance Plan.
Conditions Of Employment
Hours of work will be developed in collaboration with the successful candidate to ensure a healthy work-life balance. A schedule of work will be based on the Centre’s hours of operation and program requirements and may include some evenings.
An offer of employment will be conditional upon the candidate completing a criminal reference check, verification of educational requirement for this position and linguistic profile to the satisfaction of the Sandy Hill Community Health Centre.
Please note that Sandy Hill CHC has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. All applicants are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for employment. An offer of employment will be conditional upon the candidate providing proof of full vaccination. Reasonable accommodations will be considered for individuals with a medical reason or a reason pursuant to the Human Rights Code that restricts them from being vaccinated against COVID-19.
SHCHC will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment process.
If at any stage in the selection process you require accommodation due to disability, please let us know the nature of the required accommodation.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.