With 194,000 employees and operating in more than 170 countries and regions, Huawei is a leading global creator and provider of information and communications technology (ICT) infrastructure and smart devices. Integrated solutions span across four key domains – telecom networks, IT, smart devices, and cloud services. Huawei is committed to bringing digital to every person, home and organization for a fully connected, intelligent world.
About Huawei Canada
Huawei Canada focuses on fundamental research and development aimed at solving complex technical problems in emerging technologies like 5G, AI, Human Computer Interaction and Autonomous Driving. With ongoing research initiatives with 10 Universities across Canada and strategic collaboration agreements with several Universities, we support Canada’s rich research community. In 2020, Huawei Canada ranked among the Top 20 corporate R&D investors in the country with a huge 40% increase in R&D investment year over year. Huawei Canada was established in 2008 and now has a total workforce of 1,200 in our six research centers across Canada.
“Huawei will continue to be an important contributor to Canada’s knowledge-based economy,” “Openness and diversity are Canada’s great strengths. They help attract global talent and business. Huawei Canada’s R&D spending creates jobs, trains talents, supports fundamental research, and accelerates knowledge-to-impact in Canada. We are proud of all of that.”
Changtian Cai, President, Huawei Canada R&D.
Why work with Huawei Canada?
You will have the opportunity to work on real world problems that impact people across the globe. Many of our researchers are actively involved in publishing conference and journal papers, inventing patents and solving challenging technical problems. With cutting edge tools, access to highly specialized leaders and researchers, and significant funding, you will be well supported to fulfil your potential and pursue your professional dreams.
Our award winning team provides leading edge serial interface (SerDes) solutions to Huawei worldwide. Join one of the strongest and most successful SerDes development teams in the world and largest mixed signal IC design team in Canada. You’ll work in an enthusiastic and motivated environment on the bleeding edge of technology.
In this role, you will be working as a technical lead supporting ADC architecture. You will be conducting research and development into next generation high-speed interfaces and signal integrity systems (aka SerDes, PHY, HSS, wireline transceivers, optical transceivers) in deep submicron FinFET technologies.
- Specific duties include specification, design, layout and test of large mixed signal systems
- You will cooperate with other engineering teams such as custom layout, DSP, digital, firmware, packaging, and application/test
- In this role you may coach and supervise more junior analog designers, as well as designers from other engineering disciplines
- You will put into action your solid understanding of mixed-signal system design fundamentals, and demonstrate an aptitude for advanced circuit design
- You will utilize your strong high speed mixed signal or analog circuit design, as well as in one or more of the following: SAR ADCs, SerDes system engineering, DSP and equalization, RF front-end
- You will also use your strong experience in deep submicron CMOS and FinFET custom layout to supervise layout designers.
- Must have experience in deep submicron CMOS (28nm or below)
- Must have recent experience in :
- High speed SAR ADCs analog design
- SAR system performance simulations, including meta-stability
- SAR calibrations, and power reduction techniques
Being familiar with pipelined-SAR ADCs, dynamic residue amplifiers.Having knowledge of one or more of the following:, SerDes systems, high speed digital designMust have: recent hands on experience with Matlab, and Cadence tools and environmentExperience in FinFET technologiesPHD or MASc in Electrical Engineering or equivalent degreeExperience in optical communication, silicon photonics, or package design is an asset