Mail Service Courier - Class 3, 5 or Class D Driver (2640166086)
Job Requisition Id: 128608
Business Function: Operations Support
Primary City: Mississauga
Province: Ont. - GTA
Employment Type: On Call Relief
Employment Status: Temporary
Language Requirement: English Essential
Number of Vacancies: 15
Canada Post is an exciting place to work! And you can be part of it!
We deliver billions of items to Canadians each year – and you can be a big part of making this happen. As online shopping grows, we have a number of opportunities for qualified Class 3 / D and Class 5 / G drivers with an Air Brake Endorsement to be part of our team. As a temporary, on-call Mail Service Courier, you’ll join a list of drivers that are available to work locally on short notice, on an equal opportunity basis. You’ll use a postal vehicle to pick up and deliver mail items, and represent Canada Post in a professional manner with everyone you meet.
Does this sound like you? The role of Mail Service Courier would be a great fit if you:
- are a safe driver
- enjoy being behind the wheel
- like working on your own
- can meet time schedules
- take pride in serving your community
What will you do?
- You’ll load, unload and drive a Canada Post vehicle
- You’ll collect, sort and deliver mail items
- You’ll keep items and property secure at all times
- You’ll fill out documentation and keep records
- You’ll communicate with customers and the public
What must you have?
- A valid Class 3 / D or Class 5 / G driver’s licence with an Air Brake Endorsement
- A safe driving record for at least 3 years (driver’s abstract required)
- Experience in driving a 5-ton truck or other large vehicles, or in commercial delivery
- The physical ability to lift mail items weighing up to 22.7 kg (50 lb)
- The availability to work on short notice
- The ability to read, write and speak English and/or French
This would help, too!
- Experience in customer service
In return, we offer:
- Competitive pay
- On-the-job training about your duties and safety on the job
- Opportunities for permanent employment.
Today’s Canada Post - Canada Post is an e-commerce powerhouse, delivering billions of items every year. We help small businesses grow. We enrich lives in remote communities. We connect Canadians with each other and to the rest of the world. And we do all this by providing residential and business customers with the best possible delivery experience in the country.
We like to promote from within and can offer you a career rather than a job. While, like all of our mail service couriers, you’ll start out on a temporary, on-call basis, you’ll have the opportunity to grow with us and obtain a permanent position … even try out new jobs in different areas of the company.
Safety Sensitive Positions
This position may be considered a Safety Sensitive position.
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
Conflict of Interest
The Conflict of Interest Policy prohibits employees from hiring, supervising or reporting to, directly or indirectly via the reporting hierarchy, their immediate family or close personal relations. Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human Resources representative.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as Canada Post cannot make assumptions about your education and experience. We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Canada Post’s corporate values reflect the principles, beliefs and aspirations that guide our behaviour and shape our culture.
Transformation – We will innovate and transform to win in the marketplace.
Customer – We serve Canadians with pride and passion.
Integrity – We act responsibly and with integrity.
Respect – We treat each other with fairness and respect.
Safety – We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for all our stakeholders.