Postal Clerk - Retail and Operations - Espanola (2640166098)
Job Requisition Id: 143343
Business Function: Retail
Primary City: Espanola
Employment Type: On Call
Employment Status: Temporary
Language Requirement: English or French Essential (Either/OR)
Number of Vacancies 2
Experience the dynamic mail operations and retail environment only Canada Post can offer. As a self-starter with a flexible schedule, you will have the opportunity to work a variety of shifts including, days, evenings, overnights and weekends. This temporary on-call position is a great opportunity to learn about the business of mail operations, as well as the great jobs available at Canada Post.
Please note that some offices rotate their staff and a temporary Postal Clerk might be called to work in positions to serve the public at a counter, conduct financial transactions and perform other related duties as required.Job Responsibilities
The successful candidate will:
- Perform a variety of sales/customer service activities to ensure complete customer satisfaction
- Operate a computer point of sale system
- Maintain floor displays
- Conduct merchandizing and inventory control
- Maintain a high level of postal products, services and delivery knowledge
- Process financial transactions (cash, cheques, debit & credit card payments)
- Receive, sort, sequence and batch mail items
- Operate mail processing equipment (clearing jams, remove mail from sorting machines, etc.) where applicable
- Transport mail between floors/sections using rolling or motorized equipment, where applicable
- Operate a computer to key in data, when applicable
- Review mail items for address accuracy, proper postage, etc.
- Be required to stand in one place for up to 3.5 hours at a time
- Exercise physical effort in the handling of mail items weighting up to 22.7 kilograms (50 lbs) and carrying mail items weighing up to 15.9 kilograms (35 lbs) and bending, reaching, lifting, carrying, etc.
- Experience in customer service in a retail environment
- Sales experience is an asset
- Experience working in a production environment is an asset
Please note that mandatory pre-employment assessments and job training may take place in third-party facilities such as clinics and hotels, where specific COVID 19 protocols are in place. Access to these third-party facilities will require compliance with any such protocols.
Safety Sensitive Positions
This position may be considered a Safety Sensitive position.
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
Conflict of Interest
The Conflict of Interest Policy prohibits employees from hiring, supervising or reporting to, directly or indirectly via the reporting hierarchy, their immediate family or close personal relations. Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human Resources representative.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as Canada Post cannot make assumptions about your education and experience. We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Canada Post’s corporate values reflect the principles, beliefs and aspirations that guide our behaviour and shape our culture.
Transformation – We will innovate and transform to win in the marketplace.
Customer – We serve Canadians with pride and passion.
Integrity – We act responsibly and with integrity.
Respect – We treat each other with fairness and respect.
Safety – We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for all our stakeholders.