At Cepheid, we are passionate about improving health care through fast, accurate diagnostic testing. Our mission drives us, every moment of every day, as we develop scalable, groundbreaking solutions to solve the world’s most complex health challenges. Our associates are involved in every stage of molecular diagnostics, from ideation to development and delivery of testing advancements that improve patient outcomes across a range of settings. As a member of our team, you can make an immediate, measurable impact on a global scale, within an environment that fosters career growth and development.
Cepheid is proud to work alongside a community of six fellow Diagnostics Companies at Danaher. Together, we’re working at the pace of change to improve patient lives with diagnostic tools that address the world’s biggest health challenges.
*Position summary:* Strategic supply chain planning manager with multi-site responsibilities. Holistic problem solver and leader focused system / process improvement for business needs and in FDA facility.
Accountable for managing efforts for strategic production control, driving planning strategy to action, building teams, improve scheduling, and tool efficiencies. Inspiring leader responsible for aligning strategy to executable plans. Proven capable of operating at strategic and tactical levels while navigating a highly complex series of production levels across wide range of component operations. Critical experience should include OEE improvements, anticipation of cross functional business requirements, customer focus, P&L awareness, development of strategy for production execution, and full accountable for targeted business results.
*Essential job responsibilities:*
* Development of balanced factory optimization schedules to ensure customer demands and factory utilization targets are achieved
* Manage builds and inventory targets, including monthly report out on metrics at C level OPs meeting
* Ensure End-to-End supply chain processes are supporting customer and business needs
* Is responsible for master schedules for production and new product, ensuring comprehensive compliance with materials requirements for manufacturing. Incorporate in forecasts and master production schedules.
* Experienced with capacity planning processes, tools, and planning across multiple sites and tools
* Incorporate new products or product improvements into the manufacturing forecasts and master production schedules
* Proactively and effectively facilitate at both operational level meetings, such daily production sessions, as well as concise narratives in executive/strategic level meetings
* Implement process improvements to decrease overall costs and improve inventory management and supply chain efficiencies
* Ability to translate analytics to implications, action, and strategy through influence and presentation
* Proven capable of developing and leading teams. Track record of elevating people and organizational capabilities through hiring, coaching, and mentoring talent.
* Proven capable of providing analyses and using judgement to assess options. Concise communication with team, partners, and leadership to highlight issues and solutions with supporting data
* Works to resolve (in case of design changes) labor and material shortages, backlogs and other potential schedule interruptions
* Minimize inventory write-offs of finished goods inventory, intermediates and raw materials
* Engages with engineering plans and production constrains to establish production schedules, labor loading, and capacity requirements
* Develop rough-cut capacity plans to analyze and negotiate resource requirements
* Be responsible for the process for developing an executable master production schedule in accordance with shelf life and inventory guidelines
*TRAINING RESPONSIBILITIES: (REQUIRED)*
* Complete all assigned and required training satisfactorily and on time.
* Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years of related work experience OR
* Master’s degree in field with 6+ years of related work experience OR
* Doctoral degree in field with 3+ years of related work experience
* Graduate degree/studies in science, business, engineering, finance or organizational management strongly preferred.
* APICS certification is a plus.
* Extensive SAP knowledge
* SQL, Python
* Microsoft Vision
* Lean manufacturing
* MBA and Engineering combination
*Knowledge and skills: *
* Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems. Preferred SAP experience.
* Thorough understanding of master production scheduling, capacity planning and forecasting principals.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
* Ability to facilitate groups or meetings.
* Experience with SOPs, GMP, ISO, JIT, MRP.
* Strong proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word.
* Deployment of Value Stream Mapping.
* Ability to lead, mentor and coach a team.
*Physical requirements/abilities: *
* Ability to work in an office environment
* Travel for work
The statements in this description represent typical elements, criteria and general work performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills for this job.
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful *[Danaher Business [Register to View]
tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies require all US and Puerto Rico employees to be vaccinated against COVID–19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available [Register to View]
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at [Register to View]
[Register to View]
to request accommodation.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.