At Cepheid, we are passionate about improving health care through fast, accurate diagnostic testing. Our mission drives us, every moment of every day, as we develop scalable, groundbreaking solutions to solve the world’s most complex health challenges. Our associates are involved in every stage of molecular diagnostics, from ideation to development and delivery of testing advancements that improve patient outcomes across a range of settings. As a member of our team, you can make an immediate, measurable impact on a global scale, within an environment that fosters career growth and development.
Cepheid is proud to work alongside a community of six fellow Danaher Diagnostics companies. Together, we’re working at the pace of change on diagnostic tools that address the world’s biggest health challenges, driven by knowing that behind every test there is a patient waiting.
Learn about the [Danaher Business [Register to View]
which makes everything possible.
This position is responsible for identifying study sites for early adoption studies for products to be launched. Will work with physicians, laboratory directors and personnel, and scientific and academic researchers to address medical questions related to Cepheid infectious disease products and test results. Provide clinical/scientific expertise to research and development, marketing, and commercial teams and product development, and to develop clinical studies and scientific strategies that build data supporting use of Cepheid assays for pre- and post-launch market penetration. This position will be remote in Canada.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Serve as professional liaison to Cepheid user community: physicians, laboratory directors and scientists, infection control personnel, and independent investigators. Generate scientific awareness of Cepheid products pre- and post-launch. Present at national and international meetings to increase portfolio visibility.
* Coordinate meetings and visits with thought leaders for competitive intelligence. Leverage thought leader relationships by aligning their expertise with Cepheid needs. Facilitate collaborative relationships with thought leaders internally as advisors, consultant, investigators, expert guest speakers and business development partners
* Contribute to and initiate publications both originating from Cepheid and created by external collaborators. Review customer-facing documents including Product Inserts, training presentations, bulletins, etc. Regularly collect and interpret insights in the medical diagnostics environment and provide feedback regarding competitive intelligence. Communicate effectively with the Scientific Advisory Board, Laboratory Focus Groups and Key Opinion Leaders (KOL's) to assist marketing in requirements are for product pipeline
* Liaise with and engage study sites, collaborate as needed on study protocols and monitor product evaluations to completion. Assist with trials management with investigator-initiated studies, including securing research contracts, logistics of study start-up, and updates for ongoing studies
* Serve as a key internal consultant/team member on product design and development for R&D, Marketing, Clinical Affairs, Regulatory Affairs, Government Affairs, and other teams. Assess potential safety risks for diagnostic tests and contribute to risk management assessments. Assess potential safety and adverse events related to Cepheid products
Education or Experience (in years):
* M.D. degree with experience in infectious diseases and/or Emergency medicine with 5 plus years of experience and/or Doctoral degree in Microbiology, with postdoctoral medical microbiology fellowship, ABMM diplomate or equivalent; with 5+ years of diagnostic laboratory direction experience. Evidence of recognition, at national or international level, through publications, invited presentations, committee roles, advisory boards
Knowledge and skills:
* Experience and knowledge of infectious disease diagnostic test interpretation and their applications to medical management of patients. Knowledge of principles of real time PCR and its applications
* Skilled in effective presentations of medical data and materials. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees, managers, executive management, vendors and customers
* Ability to read, analyze data, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
* Bilingual (English, French) and ability to travel up to 30%
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS (optional):
* 6+ years of successful experience in industry within a diagnostic arena, leadership medical role. Experience in Health Canada regulated environment desirable.
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful *[Danaher Business [Register to View]
tools and the stability of a tested organization.
At Danaher, we value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.