At Cepheid, we are passionate about improving health care through fast, accurate diagnostic testing. Our mission drives us, every moment of every day, as we develop scalable, groundbreaking solutions to solve the world’s most complex health challenges. Our associates are involved in every stage of molecular diagnostics, from ideation to development and delivery of testing advancements that improve patient outcomes across a range of settings. As a member of our team, you can make an immediate, measurable impact on a global scale, within an environment that fosters career growth and development.
Cepheid is proud to work alongside a community of six fellow Danaher Diagnostics companies. Together, we’re working at the pace of change on diagnostic tools that address the world’s biggest health challenges, driven by knowing that behind every test there is a patient waiting.
Learn about the [Danaher Business [Register to View]
which makes everything possible.
This position is part of Cepheid Diagnostics and will be located in Newark, CA.
*In this role, you will have the opportunity to:*
* Assist in developing methods and procedures to conduct in-process bio testing during the manufacturing process.
* Work with other departments such as engineering, product transfer, and planning in conducting experiments.
* Follow established documentation outlining the process and test requirements to manufacture PCR-based products in compliance with standards for GMPs. Performing all levels of production testing in IPT Consumables.
* Enforce Safety
* Understand implications and provide recommendations for solutions.
* Work closely with PT and other engineering teams on the process.
* Support supervisor on process improvement and cost savings.
* Train new associates as needed.
* Purchase equipment/materials as needed.
* Data entry, SPT, writing up NCR’s and various reports.
* Scheduling, calibration, and module replacements.
* Interact with material planning to understand the needs to meet production plans.
* Support supervisor and ensure WR's timely completion.
* Other duties as assigned
*The essential requirements of the job include:*
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* 3-5 years of Lead Experience within a Medical Device regulated environment.
* Must be able to lift 35 lbs. Must be able to stand for several hours. Work may involve repetitive arm/wrist motions.
* Ability to perform assignments that required considerable judgment and initiative.
* Advanced to expert knowledge of testing software.
* Must be a team player. Able to demonstrate a willingness to provide assistance and training to co-workers.
* Must be able to clearly and effectively communicate with peers, leads, supervisors, and managers.
* Must be able to adhere to strict deadlines and provide results timely.
* Proficient with performing all levels of production testing.
Cepheid, a Danaher company, offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to our lives. Whether it’s a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job.
Check out our benefits at [Register to View]
/>When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful *[Danaher Business [Register to View]
tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies require all US and Puerto Rico employees to be vaccinated against COVID–19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available [Register to View]
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at [Register to View]
[Register to View]
to request accommodation.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.