Postmaster - Premises provided by Postmaster (Group Office) (2640165985)
Job Requisition Id: 147402
Business Function: Retail
Primary City: FRASERVILLE
Employment Type: Full-Time
Employment Status: Permanent
Language Requirement: English Essential
Employee Class and Level: RVSGA30 - Level 3
Working Hours: 31 hours per week
Health and safety is our highest priority. With vaccination shown to be the most effective tool to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19 and protecting individuals from severe consequences of this virus, Canada Post has implemented a Vaccination Practice. Accordingly, you will be required to attest to being fully vaccinated. If you are unable to be vaccinated, you may request an accommodation due to a medical, religious, or other prohibited ground of discrimination as described in the Canadian Human Rights Act.Job Description
Take on the responsibility of a community leader with Canada Post. The Postmaster, reporting to the Superintendent/Local Area Manager, is responsible for promoting and selling postal products and services to the public and businesses in the community. As Postmaster, you will be the face of the Post Office in your community service area, supervising staff and ensuring that Canada Post demonstrates an energetic customer focus and commitment to the community in an environment of multiple priorities.Job Responsibilities
• Liaise with the local community with respect to Canada Post service and products
• Sell and promote postal products and services to the public and businesses
• Be able to provide suitable premises in a central location within the community within 30 days should you be the successful candidate.
• Administer the post office to meet retail hours of operation and delivery expectations
• Manage postal revenue, assets and values
• Maintain records and prepare reports
Job Responsibilities (continued)
• Assist with effective management of mail delivery routes
- May sort mail to postal boxes
- May supervise staff
- Keep post office neat and presentable, and maintain cleanliness in accordance with Canada Post’s standards
- Operate the post office with due diligence and efficiency
- High School Diploma, or provincial equivalency and/or experience in business administration
- Owned or leased premises (suitable, central and barrier-free) available one month prior to the date of hire
- Experience interacting with the public in a retail and/or service environment, including sales and cash transactions
- Knowledge of regulations, methods and procedures for processing mail and providing postal services
- Physically fit to lift mail containers of up to 50 lb, push or pull boxes, and sorting mail and standing for extended periods of time
- Premises must be fully accessible to persons with disabilities, and be available for review and approval at least one month before hire.
- Postmasters are responsible for rent or lease charges, heating, lighting, cleaning, routine general maintenance, snow removal, municipal taxes, and the necessary property and liability insurance coverage.
- Appointments are subject to the conditions of the Canada Post Act
- The hours of service to the public will be determined by the Canada Post and are subject to change under varying circumstances.
TRANSFER: Priority consideration will be given to transfer requests from employees who are members of CPAA, with preference to members in the posted Area of Competition. COMPETITION: Employees who are members of CPAA, priority consideration will be given to members in the posted Area of Competition. Term employees with continuous employment in CPAA may apply in accordance with the Collective Agreement.
Total Hours per Week: 31
A leasing allowance of $3,528.00 per year will be provided to help offset the costs of operating a Post Office.
An allowance paid out once annually may be available to help offset the costs associated with providing the premises.
Note: The ideal candidate should reside in the community. Applicants within a 50 km radius of the Post Office may be considered as needed.
As part of the selection process selected candidates will be required to complete a security screening process.
Safety Sensitive Positions
This position may be considered a Safety Sensitive position.
Canada Post will represent Canada’s diversity and provide a safe and welcoming workplace that embraces and celebrates our differences.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from women, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
Conflict of Interest
The Conflict of Interest Policy prohibits employees from hiring, supervising or reporting to, directly or indirectly via the reporting hierarchy, their immediate family or close personal relations. Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human Resources representative.
Canada Post is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you have any restrictions that need to be accommodated. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as Canada Post cannot make assumptions about your education and experience. We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Decision Making – A champion of the organization who takes calculated risks and makes prudent, common sense decisions about current issues, future opportunities and resource requirements in a timely, well thought out manner, that aligns with the corporation's best interests.
Accountability – An individual who strives for performance excellence and who holds him/herself and direct reports accountable for decisions and actions and for learning from mistakes when intended results are not achieved.
Business Orientation – A proactive individual who understands the competitive nature of the business, and is committed to sustaining the business through excellent customer service and new business opportunities.
Execution – A focused and self-motivated individual who acts with a sense of urgency and delivers on time and within budget, by dealing effectively with challenges and ambiguous situations.
Leading People – A compelling communicator and leader who engages, motivates and inspires others to achieve results and who encourages personal growth and finding better ways of doing things.
We value diversity as an essential part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future. We believe that attracting, developing, and retaining people who reflect the diversity of Canada is essential to our success because this matters to all communities and customers we serve.
Canada Post’s corporate values reflect the principles, beliefs and aspirations that guide our behaviour and shape our culture.
Safety – We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for all our stakeholders.
Customer – We serve Canadians with pride and passion.
Respect – We treat each other with fairness and respect.
Integrity – We act responsibly and with integrity.
Transformation – We will innovate and transform to win in the marketplace.