VP Engineering (2575508786)
- Working closely with the COO and other leaders (including future VPs as the group expands), develop a sound understanding of Laivly’s business model and customers. Using this knowledge, you will work to educate and elevate your team’s knowledge and empathy for our customers and users.
- Build the engineering vision and roadmap with the support of your team and in close collaboration and alignment with product management and other business leaders. You will be accountable for strategically balancing immediate and long-term engineering and product needs.
- Accountable for the engineering organization’s productivity, delivery, operational excellence, and business impact while also achieving high standards for system scalability, availability and reliability.
- Lead the evolution of the engineering culture and provide leadership to the 20+ people in software engineering, ML, Data and DevOps teams. This includes directly managing, mentoring and coaching Engineering Managers in each team.
- Grow the engineering team, through recruiting and building team capabilities through career development plans and effective coaching.
- Manage the technology budget for your groups including resourcing, technology and vendor expenses.
- As needed, work with the future CTO to identify and manage partnerships with external vendors such as technology vendors, cloud providers and other 3rd parties as required.
- Leadership of fast growing, fast-paced software engineering teams in a SaaS environment.
- Scaling engineering organizations and with that evolving culture, processes and technologies.
- Build the engineering organization such that it is a predictable, reliable, and delivery-oriented group that is trusted in the organization to deliver world-class products.
- Experience leading software engineering, ML, data and DevOps groups is desired. We are open to candidates that have not had an opportunity to manage each of these groups.
- Leading and growing managers in sizable engineering organizations (e.g., minimum 20 people).
- Leveraging your ‘builder’ mindset and strong technical background to effectively support and gain the trust of your engineering team.
- Proven experience collaborating within and between cross-functional teams, with a history of building influence with Product, Design and Leadership teams.
- Bachelor’s / post secondary degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- SOC 2 audit and compliance experience is an asset
Life at Laivly
Laivly gives you the opportunity to collaborate and grow your career with a diverse and passionate team. Balance and wellness are important, and we make it easy to achieve with a flexible environment that works with you. A career at Laivly is about working with a fun-loving, dedicated team of creatives, risk takers and game changers. It’s about sharing your talent and imagination to develop innovative tech that’s revolutionizing the way top brands interact with the world.
We’ve got a shared mission - and a Laivly future. Join us today!
By signing this application, the applicant consents to Laivly collecting, using and retaining their personal information for purposes relating to the application process and if hired, the employment relationship.
Any and all personal information collected is held in the strictest confidence and in accordance with all applicable Privacy Laws.