Field Service Technician (2612526710)
AdvanTec Global Innovations, manufacturing made better. Whether it is designing and manufacturing the world’s most secure weather tight marine closures or engineering astonishing support structure for bridges, the team at AdvanTec is driven by passion, and an insatiable urge for creativity.
Why come work for us:
- AdvanTec Global Innovations, a conglomerate of 7 companies, is growing and there are opportunities to grow with the organization.
- AdvanTec offers competitive compensation packages, full-time employees are eligible for our benefits package and RRSP matching program.
- We value our employees, and everyone has a voice in the organization
For more information about AdvanTec, please visit our website at [Register to View]
Our AdvanTec Manufacturing Canada facility is looking for a couple of energetic Field Service Technicians to join our Service & Warranty Team in Chilliwack, BC.
The Field Service Technician travels the world working on a wide range of marine vessels, from navy ships to the largest, luxury yachts in the world. The Field Service Technician is responsible for installing, commissioning, repairing and maintaining AdvanTec windows, doors, hatches and cranes for our customers to get and keep our clients on the water. This role is for someone who thrives on problem solving and finding solutions to problems (even if it means using what’s available to you like a modern-day MacGyver).
Essential functions for this role are:
- Installing, troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining AdvanTec marine products on a wide range of vessels including windows, doors, hatches and cranes
- Providing exceptional customer service and technical support to customers to resolve any issues as quickly and efficiently as possible
- Coordinating with Sales Support to ensure a timely response to customer in-field service needs
- Assisting in costing, scheduling, and preparing quotes for in-field service requests
- Providing technical support to other Field Service Technicians
- Travelling to international and local locations to provide support to customers
- Work in accordance with documented procedures and complete all applicable records
- Other duties as required.
If you have the following experience, qualifications and skills, we want to hear from you!
- 3-5 years’ experience in equipment manufacturing, installation and/or repair
- Experience in the Automotive or Marine Glass Industry is an asset - installation, maintenance
- Experience working with an ERP system
- Experience with marine window installation is a strong asset
- Light fabrication experience with Steel and/or Aluminum is an asset
- High school education or GED equivalent
- General Mechanical aptitude desirable
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in either:
- Direct bond glazing, glass/window or door installation or
- Electrical and hydraulic systems - installation, diagnostics, maintenance and repairs
- High level of professionalism including appearance, communication and attitude to be a customer facing representative of AdvanTec
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and able to work independently and under pressure
- Strong organization skills with the proven ability to complete documentation, reports and updates in required systems
- Previous experience travelling and able and willing to travel internationally up to 75% of the time
- Strong mechanical aptitude including understanding how moving pieces work together and how to fix a mechanical problem
- Excellent service skills
- Strong understanding of Service & Warranty process
- Strong basic skills in math and geometry, measuring devices & metrology
- Detailed oriented and the ability to prioritize effectively
- Positive outgoing attitude; with a professional demeanor
Thank you for your interest in AdvanTec Global Innovations. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.