Spare School Bus Driver (2587465953)
Spare School Bus Driver - Flexible Shifts that Suit your Lifestyle
Location: Etobicoke, ON
McCluskey Transportation, a family-owned student transportation business, is seeking dedicated Spare School Bus Drivers to join our dynamic team! Hours are flexible and are based on YOUR schedule. Earn extra income by working a few shifts per week while still leaving time to keep other commitments or do the things you enjoy! This is an opportunity to be part of a growing company that offers competitive wages and professional growth while allowing for work-life balance; perfect for a stay-at-home parent, entrepreneur, or retiree!
Drivers must be able to demonstrate our Core Values while ensuring our children get Safely Home on a daily basis. We are an employee focused organization that values its people and showcases their skills as Professional Drivers in the communities in which we operate. Employees enjoy fulfilling engagement and working relationships with all levels of management.
Spare drivers must be comfortable with navigation as they can cover any route. A good knowledge of North York, Etobicoke and Toronto is essential.
Why You Should Choose McCluskey
- Flexibility within your personal life - earn extra income on your schedule
- Competitive wages and bonuses
- Modern fleet - heated driver seats on most new buses
- Evenings, weekends, school holidays (Christmas, Spring Break etc.) and summers off
- Free training
- Referral and training bonuses
- Save on daycare - bring up to two preschool-aged children to work with you
- Employee recognition programs such as long service awards, safety awards, employee recognition banquets
- Mentorship program, professional development, employee engagement opportunities and a chance to advance in a growing company
- Nationally recognized professional driver training program
- Advanced driver education in our Mobile Training Unit Simulator
- School Bus Roadeos, staff BBQs and a great family-oriented company culture
Hours of Work
Monday to Friday - spare drivers are able to provide their availability in advance and work as little or as often as they like.
Spare drivers are paid according to the route they are covering (routes start at $81 per day, with the potential to earn more on routes over 3 hours).
Spare School Bus Drivers provide relief coverage when needed and are responsible for safely transporting students to and from school. Spare Drivers must be able and willing to drive the routes that are available located in Etobicoke, North York, Downtown Toronto, East York, and Scarborough. Successful candidates must be committed to safety and customer service and will possess superior oral and written communication skills. Routes fall between the hours of 6:30 am - 9:30 am in the morning and 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm in the evening.
- Valid Class B driver's license preferred (training provided to upgrade from a class G)
- Organized, punctual and reliable
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Working knowledge of the city and map reading skills
- Positive work history interacting with schools, parents and students
- Commitment to excellence in customer service