Responsible for safely setting up Molds on operating injection molding machines, adjusts auxiliary equipment that manufactures injection molded plastic products for the support of production requirements, and follow up with schedule PM Cycle to meet SMED target times.
**ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:**
* Lifts and installs specified molds into molding machines. Bolts molds in position, adjusts mold height and sets ejector stroke for a wide range of Molding Presses. (set up)
* Ability to set / select the molding conditions, processes or programming for Molds at the right press
* Proficient with all auxiliary equipment, Chillers, Mold Heaters, Conveyors and Yushin Robots.
* Removes molds from molding machines when run is completed for proper PM.
* Connects hoses and sets valves to regulate flow of water circulating through the mold to control temperature of molds. Inspects hoses for wear, replaces as needed.
* Adjusts controls on molding machine to control temperature, pressure and cycle time.
* Loads feeding hoppers and dryers with plastic resin, when a material change is required.
* Visually inspects parts produced from the molding operation, completes log in MII reports.
* Completes required documentation / check lists as required by existing SOPs.
* Sets up equipment, as necessary, for the performing of secondary operations.
* Maintaining cleanliness and safety of the work area including the use of Safety Barriers.
* Assists in the transportation and installation and setup of molds in molding machines.
**TRAINING RESPONSIBILITIES: (REQUIRED)**
* Complete all assigned and required training satisfactorily and on time
**Minimum Requirements **
** Education or experience (in Years) **
* High School degree or equivalent. (or equivalent experience) With 2-4 years of related work experience. OR
* AA or technical Trade degree with 1-2 years of work experience.
**Knowledge and skills: **
* Vocational classes or previous “hands on” experience gained while working in other Injection Molding Facilities or similar Industries.
* Crane Training Operations.
* Lift molds and install in molding machines, using cranes and hoists.
* Some experience in operating manufacturing and packaging equipment.
* The ability to understand SOPs and demonstrate understanding through verbal and/or written format is required.
* Basic Industrial equipment set-up procedure.
* **Physical requirements/abilities: **
* Ability to lift 50 lbs.
* Proper use of basic hand tools
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful *[Danaher Business [Register to View]
tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies require all US and Puerto Rico employees to be vaccinated against COVID–19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available [Register to View]
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at [Register to View]
[Register to View]
to request accommodation.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.