Marketing Specialist, eCommerce (2587283937)
Makita is an international brand that produces cordless and electrical power tools, pneumatic tools, outdoor power equipment and cleaning equipment. Our focus is Customer First – a simple concept and we get it. Our tools are designed and developed with the user in mind and answering a simple question: How do we make the job easier and more efficient for the customer?
We have been in Canada since 1973 employing hundreds of people during our 40+ year history. Our Head Office is in Whitby, Ontario; we also operate 2 warehouse/ distribution centres (Ontario and British Columbia), and 13 factory service centres, strategically located from Nova Scotia to British Columbia. Looking back on our history we are proud of our achievements and excited for the future and what it holds for our company.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the eCommerce Marketing Specialist is responsible for Makita product listings, copy and content on assigned external eCommerce platforms (e.g., [Register to View] amazon.ca) and our website. The Marketing Specialist will create, launch, and support our eCommerce marketing initiatives, and collaborate with internal and external partners to deliver our objectives.
This position is based in Makita Canada’s Head Office in Whitby, Ontario.
- Write clear, succinct, and grammatically correct copy and product listings for external eCommerce platforms and our website, in writing styles that appeal to our target markets.
- Develop original copy and messaging for infographics, web banners and promotions on assigned eCommerce platforms and negotiate with external partners for onboarding.
- Ensure product content meets assigned partner eCommerce requirements for publishing.
- Collaborate internally and externally to develop French copy/translations, visuals, images, infographics, videos, and digital assets as needed, on time and to specifications.
- Maintain Makita’s brand voice and style guide in content creation, with clarity and consistency.
- Onboard, publish and manage content and product listings on external eCommerce platforms including product content, partner retail attributes, images, infographics, videos, and enriched/A+ content as required.
- Identify and prioritize items for content enrichment and improvement. Use marketing knowledge and principles to manage and optimize product content to support marketing objectives.
- Manage content audits across assigned partner eCommerce platforms, integrating SEO and value messaging techniques to maximize listings reach and impact.
- Monitor and leverage online reviews and Q&A on assigned eCommerce platforms to drive improvements on product pages.
- Stay up to date with eCommerce and digital content trends and changes (SEO, Algorithm changes, etc.) on assigned platforms.
- Support promotions and programs for assigned eCommerce partner with content and assets as needed.
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to onboard new products and optimize existing listings.
- Lead and work closely with a matrix team of creative/graphics, product management and sales colleagues to execute product onboarding and enrichment projects to quality and timelines.
- Become an expert in the Makita product portfolio, markets, and competition.
Analytics and Reporting
- Monitor and create weekly, monthly, and quarterly status reports to communicate project status and update on key metrics including page visits, conversion rate, sales, views, enrichment, SEO ranking etc.
- Analyze eCommerce partner platform data and report on trends, implications, opportunities, and propose actions to take advantage of or mitigate the circumstances.
- Monitor and enforce MAP compliance on assigned eCommerce platforms to protect our brand.
- Other related duties as may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree (or 3-year post-secondary diploma) in marketing or related field.
- Minimum of 3+ years experience in e-Commerce for industrial goods (e.g., construction, building materials, industrial products or similar).
- Experience with businesses supplying to Amazon and big box home improvement retail (e.g., Home Depot, Lowes/Rona etc.) is preferred.
- Proven experience in web content writing
- Hands-on experience in managing and maintaining e-Commerce websites/portals.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Creativity, adaptability, excellent interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Team player with ability to lead. Self-motivated and well-organized, able to balance multiple priorities & manage time effectively
- Proven analytical and financial skills, including strong attention to detail
- Working knowledge of SEO best practices
- Bilingual is an asset but not mandatory.
Head Office - Whitby, ON
Hybrid and flexible work options available.
Interested in joining our team?
Please submit your resume before the application deadline of November 12, 2021.
Makita Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions based on merit. We value diversity in our workplace and are committed to attracting and retaining people who will work together effectively. We are committed to providing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility legislation. Accommodations will be provided to individuals, upon request.
We thank all those who apply for employment opportunities with Makita, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If selected to participate in the recruitment process, please advise us if you require any accommodations.