Development Engineer (2587465962)
About the Company
For over 35 years Array has been a leader in the retail display and in-store merchandising services industry; we work with top brands like Estée Lauder, Sephora, Ulta Beauty, and L’Oréal to name just a few. We bring brands to life by creating great retail experiences, which today, is more important than ever.
As we continue to scale around the world, we are looking for critical thinkers who are data-driven, have a strong work ethic and care about best practices and customer outcomes to help us carry out our vision. Joining us now is a chance to make a mark on our business and your career.
Who we need
We are looking to hire a Development Engineer based out of our head office in Scarborough but predominantly working from home for the time being.
As our new Development Engineer, you will be responsible for understanding our customer's need's and translating them into innovative, manufacturable retail solutions.
What you will do
- Creating development solutions that are innovative, on brand, functional, sustainable, cost-effective, and manufacturable.
- Presenting design development proposals (Planogram Presentations I Build Intent) and working with clients towards next step solutions.
- Working directly with the Project Team at collaborating huddles to establish ways to innovate by considering Design for Sustainability, Design for Value, Design for Manufacturing and Design for Retail principles.
- Creating planogram or valued-engineered presentations using a variety of techniques that include technical illustrations and 3d SolidWorks Modeling.
- Identifying appropriate and cost-effective materials and processes
- Developing solutions that are both manufacturable and on brand
- Producing Design Intent drawings for internal Development teams
What you bring to the role
- You have a College Diploma or University Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering Technology or Design (or similar field)
- Point of Purchase (POP) or retail design experience is strongly preferred.
- You have experience working with CAD Software and SolidWorks
- You have strong technical understanding of various manufacturing processes and the ability to read and interpret documents such as design briefs, safety rules, and procedure manuals
What’s in it for you
Progressive career path . We hire super smart people that care about the quality of their work, have a growth mindset and are passionate about delivering customer value. This role has a clear career path moving up to a Senior Development Engineer position depending on your level of experience. This role may also lead to other opportunities in the business depending on your interests.
Exposure and visibility . As a Development Engineer, you will play a critical role by bringing technical expertise to support Array Business Unit Project objectives. As you grow in the role you may be exposed to mentoring junior engineers, interacting more closely with clients and senior-level business leaders and Chapter Members.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment
Array is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran’s status, Indigenous/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.