Talent Acquisition Specialist (2540330119)
Talent Acquisition Specialist - Int/Sr
1 position for a talented technical recruiter in Kitchener, ON
- We have rolled out a hybrid model where you can spend up to half your time working from home, and the other half (or more if you prefer) working in the office (2 days one week, 3 days the next). We have a proven track record of respecting individual needs for uninterrupted focus mixed with meaningful periods of collaboration. We believe this is the best strategy for continuing to build on our successes.
- When we’re in the office, we collaborate knowing that our surroundings are cleaned vigorously every day, and there are spacious private cubicles to give us the physical distance to feel comfortable.
Reporting to the Director, HR & Administration, you will team up with two seasoned and talented technical recruiters in the quest to find our next great PEER Group peeps. You understand how important candidate experience is, so you polish your process every time to ensure the strategy is right for the current position and the best candidates are filling the pipeline. You want to dive into influencing company growth and building the brand of a Great Place to Work.
The Semiconductor industry is growing exponentially and we’re growing a team to keep up with our customers’ expanding needs for high-tech manufacturing automation software by growing our software engineering teams and the groups that support them.
What’s the challenge?
Find the right people at the right time
- Develop recruitment and onboarding plans and strategies in collaboration with the executive and hiring teams to meet the needs of a scaling Engineering group, including technical leadership roles, Software Developers and Quality Assurance Specialists, as well as other roles as they arise.
- Provide a warm and exciting candidate experience with every person (hired or not) that cultivates appreciation for our company’s business, people and culture through reliable follow-up, kind feedback style, and enthusiasm.
- Manage the recruitment process end-to-end: drafting job descriptions and ads, sourcing, scheduling, interviewing, negotiating offers, hiring and onboarding.
- Stay informed with trends in the market to share with the hiring team, like compensation data, shifting skillsets in the talent landscape, labour market data, and HR tech.
- Generate proactive pipelines of qualified passive candidates for current and future needs.
- Stay abreast of information from Sales and hiring managers that will help you keep a pulse on hiring needs
- Maintain data integrity in our contacts database with candidate interaction information, interview results and provide recruiting metrics as needed
- Continuous learning and growth in everything Technical Recruitment, from software development trends, to sourcing, interviewing, and onboarding - you are always growing your skills and refining your delivery.
Make the connections
- Host and attend tech and recruiting events like job fairs (in-person or virtual) or meet-ups
- Create hype about PEER’s culture internally and externally on social media platforms like LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram
- Get in tight with educational institutions and their co-op and alumni hiring programs so we can count on their help when we need it
- Be an active voice in meetings and conversations.
- Brings some other HR core competency to our team – compensation, benefits, diversity and inclusion, training, health and safety, etc.
- Provide support and offer insights as we roadmap and execute the adoption of new systems
- Get ready to roll up your sleeves and support other team mates and groups – that’s what we do
- Interact with hiring managers, executives, teammates, new hires and candidates
- Work flexible hours or overtime as needed.
What do you need to bring with you?
- Educational background in Human Resources or a relevant technical program (Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Programming, etc.) with HR electives
- Three to four-year undergraduate degree and diploma programs are preferred.
- Co-op programs with applicable recruiting work terms are a bonus and can be considered as part of your work experience.
- 4+ solid years of working experience in technical recruiting and demonstrated ability to learn about new technologies quickly
- Experience developing job descriptions, job ads, web content for landing sites
- Experience interviewing – from set up to asking questions that will reveal a candidate’s suitability for a role, to gathering feedback and getting timely hiring decisions
- Excellent grasp of principles web and desktop development
- Front-end and back-end design, development, testing, and deployment.
- Excellent English communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with hiring managers, candidates and teammates whether it’s face to face, on a video call, phone call or email.
- High commitment to success, ability to multitask within tight deadlines, and a professional demeanor are assumed.
You like the excitement of interacting with people — it energizes you to meet a room full of people and start thinking about their potential.
You know that most good things happen as a result of a carefully managed plan — requirements gathering, sharing of information, commitment to a clear goal, coordinating and communicating the plan for recruiting and onboarding — that leads to candidate satisfaction.
Secret Sauce? You’re a problem solver, a voracious learner and you love to see people succeed. You have this amazing ability to figure things out – from processes to technology, nothing stumps you for long. The technology in this space changes quickly and you’re able to pick up new knowledge and assimilate it into what you already know in a way that gives you an edge.
You’re a mentor. While some recruiters might prefer life safely tucked away, out of sight, you’re confidently present in the mix, wherever the action takes you. You encourage listening and sharing because that’s how you find the best ideas, wherever they may be or whoever might have them, and you know that a little bit of your time could help someone else reach their next level.
Why join PEER?
Hybrid work from home arrangements, with up to 50% at home.
Work in an atmosphere filled with challenges, fun and food!
We have a great mentoring program!
Profit sharing and full disclosure Communications Meetings.
We recognize the great people we grow by promoting from within.
We like flex hours!
We give to the community by raising a lot of money for local charities which our CEO matches!
Workstations that provide ergonomic comfort and cube walls for times when we have to concentrate, plus whiteboards for when we need to collaborate.
About PEER Group
PEER Group is headquartered in Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, with an office in Dresden, Germany. A privately-held company, PEER Group currently employs over 200 people worldwide.
Smart Manufacturing starts with factory automation software
PEER Group® provides the largest portfolio of factory automation software products and services to high-volume manufacturers and equipment makers in the semiconductor, photovoltaics (PV), and electronics industries. We help lower the cost of automation for our customers by solving their most challenging equipment automation, data management, and process control problems.
As a group, we are focused on creating customer success while working in a supportive atmosphere filled with challenges, fun and food. Our workstations were created for ergonomic comfort with cube walls for times when we have to concentrate and huge whiteboards for when we need to collaborate. We like profit sharing and full disclosure Communications Meetings. We recognize the great people we grow by promoting from within.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made on the basis of ability, qualifications, and performance. We welcome inquiries from everyone and celebrate diversity in our workplace. We embrace our differences in age, ancestry, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, creed, family status, marital status, disability, record of offences, sex, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation. If you require accommodation in completing the application process please email [Register to View] or call HR at [Register to View] . If you are contacted regarding this position, please advise HR of accommodation measures you may require during our interview process. Of course, we will address these matters with respect and confidentiality.
No agencies please.