Student (Fixed Term)
****** Job Description: ******
On the Engineering Services Testing team, the student position involves designing, implementing and executing software for automated testing of QNX software. In this role, the student will learn about QNX and BlackBerry device platform software in depth and apply that knowledge to design tests for new features
Location: Ottawa, ON
Length of Term: 4 Months
* Investigate issues found, report on the quality and performance of new software builds
* Verify fixes and implement software systems to automate as much of these tasks as possible.
* Work directly with software developers and testers at QNX and BlackBerry who are industry experts on embedded systems and implementations
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Currently pursuing post-secondary education in a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Familiarity with QNX, Linux or other UNIX-like operating systems
* Programming experience in C and scripting
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* An eagerness to learn and solve problems
LIFE AT BLACKBERRY
* Various Snack & Beverage Programs at all locations
* Cafeterias and vending machines with subsidized prices at major offices
* Free parking and accessible public transportation at major offices
* Skills training and professional development opportunities
* Organization wide events and various social committees
* Local discounts and free swag
* Highly collaborative teams and supportive workplace culture
* Recreational leagues, fitness classes, and wellness sessions available in most locations
/See for yourself by checking out our Instagram @//BlackBerryStudentLife/
**Job Family Group Name:**
Business Practices & Operations
**Scheduled Weekly Hours:**
We are BlackBerry, a global mobile communications leader who revolutionized the industry with its introduction in 1999. Today, BlackBerry’s products and services, from messaging to enterprise mobility, are relied on by millions of individuals every day to securely and efficiently connect them to the content and people that matter most. At BlackBerry our instinct for innovation is relentless, so as we continue to push the boundaries of mobile experiences, we continue to drive the talent, passion and creativity of our employees.
©2016 BlackBerry. All right reserved. BlackBerry® and related trademarks, names, and logos are the property of BlackBerry Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world.
It is the policy of BlackBerry to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled