Student (Fixed Term)
****** Job Description: ******
In this role within the QNX R&D department you will be working in a world class test organization. You will be writing automated and manual tests for some of the cutting-edge products used in the automotive industry. You will work with a senior member of the test team who will guide and mentor you throughout your coop term to ensure you learn skills you can use to help you move forward both in school and in your future career.
Location: Ottawa, ON
Length of Term: 4 Months
* Analyze requirements.
* Project and team meetings (requirement analysis, planning and defect review meetings).
* Manual and automated tests.
* Log clear and concise defects.
* Work with developers to reproduce defects when necessary.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Currently enrolled in a post-secondary program in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
* Good knowledge of C and Python.
o Past experience during school projects and/or coop placements, is an asset.
o On a scale from 1 to 10, you should be able to rate yourself around a range of 4 or 5.
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
o Technical writing would be an asset but not a requirement.
* Excellent analytical skills for the purpose of debugging software issues.
* Good knowledge of Microsoft, Linux and Mac operating systems.
* Excellent knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
* Good presentation skills;
o Ability to use tools required for developing presentations. (PowerPoint for example)
o Ability to present in meetings, confidently is an asset.
* Teamwork and individual work.
* Creative and a strong work ethic.
* A hardware background with regards to setting up small form boards, connecting to HMIs, and installing images.
LIFE AT BLACKBERRY
* Various Snack & Beverage Programs at all locations.
* Cafeterias and vending machines with subsidized prices at major offices.
* Free parking and accessible public transportation at major offices.
* Skills training and professional development opportunities.
* Organization wide events and various social committees.
* Local discounts and free swag.
* Highly collaborative teams and supportive workplace culture.
* Recreational leagues, fitness classes, and wellness sessions available in most locations.
/See for yourself by checking out our Instagram @BlackBerryStudentLife/
**Job Family Group Name:**
Business Practices & Operations
**Scheduled Weekly Hours:**
We are BlackBerry, a global mobile communications leader who revolutionized the industry with its introduction in 1999. Today, BlackBerry’s products and services, from messaging to enterprise mobility, are relied on by millions of individuals every day to securely and efficiently connect them to the content and people that matter most. At BlackBerry our instinct for innovation is relentless, so as we continue to push the boundaries of mobile experiences, we continue to drive the talent, passion and creativity of our employees.
©2016 BlackBerry. All right reserved. BlackBerry® and related trademarks, names, and logos are the property of BlackBerry Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world.
It is the policy of BlackBerry to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled