Student (Fixed Term)
****** Job Description: ******
As a member of the QNX Networking team, you will work at the heart of the most reliable and secure operating system in the world. You can contribute directly to an OS that controls systems in everything from infotainment systems to the internet, from medical devices to space systems, from manufacturing to nuclear power plants, and of course, in the next wave of self-driving cars. The Networking team is responsible for development of the IP Networking stack, IP utilities and applications.
You will be part of the Networking team, coding in C for the operating system and Python for test development. You will also have opportunities to work on tool development, test development, and investigation of problem reports.
Location: Ottawa, ON
Length of Term: 4 Months with possible extensions
* Students will work as part of the Core OS team and participate in
* Design discussions
* Developing, debugging, and submitting code
* Code reviews
* Test creation/execution
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Currently pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar fields of study
* All development will be done in C; therefore good knowledge of C is required
* All test and tool development is done in Python; a good knowledge of Python is required
* Strong problem solving and debugging skills
* Good communication skills including verbal, written, and interpersonal
* High degree of motivation and ability to work both independently and in a team environment
* Familiarity with QNX, BSD, Linux or other UNIX-like operating systems.
* Familiarity with software debug/analysis tools such as gdb
* Understanding of how user level processes work across each layer of the operating system, including process and thread life cycles, memory management, system calls, and inter-process communication
* Understanding of Networking concepts, including Ethernet, IP, TCP, UDP, bridging, routing
* Understanding of multi-cpu, multi-threaded architectures and real-time systems
* Knowledge of operating system architectures
LIFE AT BLACKBERRY
* Various Snack & Beverage Programs at all locations
* Cafeterias and vending machines with subsidized prices at major offices
* Free parking and accessible public transportation at major offices
* Skills training and professional development opportunities
* Organization wide events and various social committees
* Local discounts and free swag
* Highly collaborative teams and supportive workplace culture
* Recreational leagues, fitness classes, and wellness sessions available in most locations
/See for yourself by checking out our Instagram @//BlackBerryStudentLife/
**Job Family Group Name:**
Business Practices & Operations
**Scheduled Weekly Hours:**
We are BlackBerry, a global mobile communications leader who revolutionized the industry with its introduction in 1999. Today, BlackBerry’s products and services, from messaging to enterprise mobility, are relied on by millions of individuals every day to securely and efficiently connect them to the content and people that matter most. At BlackBerry our instinct for innovation is relentless, so as we continue to push the boundaries of mobile experiences, we continue to drive the talent, passion and creativity of our employees.
©2016 BlackBerry. All right reserved. BlackBerry® and related trademarks, names, and logos are the property of BlackBerry Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world.
It is the policy of BlackBerry to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled