Student (Fixed Term)
****** Job Description: ******
As students of BlackBerry, you will play an important role in the success of our business. BlackBerry provides you the opportunity to be amazing! We offer a dynamic work environment where you are encouraged to achieve your highest potential. Each of our opportunities offers meaningful, hands-on experience working alongside industry experts.
As a member of the Global Technology Services team, the successful student will have the opportunity to work on a web-based C# MVC application that is used by the entire company and handles over 60,000 requests per year. You will work closely with a full-time developer and another student to help automate processes using this powerful framework that has integrations to over 15 business-critical systems at BlackBerry such as Active Directory, JIRA and SalesForce. In addition to automating processes, you will get a chance to make enhancements or bug fixes for existing processes, build or maintain integrations with other system and extend our framework to support new business requirements. You will get a chance to work directly with our internal customers to clarify requirements and to help test each iteration of your forms until their needs are met.
We are looking for students with initiative, creative problem-solving skills, excellent communication skills and a desire and willingness to learn new things. Previous students in the role have made significant contributions to the team and to BlackBerry. Join our team and make a difference while you get a chance to learn new technologies and improve your skills.
Location: Waterloo, ON
Length of Term: 8 Months
* Create or maintain web-based forms to automate business processes
* Build or enhance libraries and services used to retrieve or update information in various systems at BlackBerry
* Develop new behaviors for use within our forms
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Currently enrolled in a post-secondary program in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field of study
* Previous experience with C# / ASP.NET
* Familiarity with MVC frameworks
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
* Experience with modern user-interface design (CSS, jQuery, etc.) and frameworks (Bootstrap, AngularJS, etc.)
LIFE AT BLACKBERRY
* Various Snack & Beverage Programs at all locations
* Cafeterias and vending machines with subsidized prices at major offices
* Free parking and accessible public transportation at major offices
* Skills training and professional development opportunities
* Organization wide events and various social committees
* Local discounts and free swag
* Highly collaborative teams and supportive workplace culture
* Recreational leagues, fitness classes, and wellness sessions available in most locations
/ See for yourself by checking out our Instagram @//BlackBerryStudentLife/
**Job Family Group Name:**
Business Practices & Operations
**Scheduled Weekly Hours:**
We are BlackBerry, a global mobile communications leader who revolutionized the industry with its introduction in 1999. Today, BlackBerry’s products and services, from messaging to enterprise mobility, are relied on by millions of individuals every day to securely and efficiently connect them to the content and people that matter most. At BlackBerry our instinct for innovation is relentless, so as we continue to push the boundaries of mobile experiences, we continue to drive the talent, passion and creativity of our employees.
©2016 BlackBerry. All right reserved. BlackBerry® and related trademarks, names, and logos are the property of BlackBerry Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world.
It is the policy of BlackBerry to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled