Student (Fixed Term)
****** Job Description: ******
BlackBerry Advanced Technology Development Labs is a business unit operating at the forefront of research and development in the cybersecurity space. The rise of the Internet of Things (IoT) alongside a dynamic threat landscape fosters a climate where organizations have to guard against new threats and breaches at all times. With a strong focus on data science and machine leaning, BlackBerry Advanced Technology Development Labs investigates, incubates, and facilitates technologies specifically designed to further the company’s commitment to safety, security and data privacy for its customers. Through strong partnership with BlackBerry’s existing Cylance, Enterprise, and QNX business units, we identify, explore and build new concepts that help fill the innovation funnel for BlackBerry.
Our team is looking for a Research and Software Development Student. Successful candidates will work towards the common goal of identifying, exploring and creating new technologies to ensure BlackBerry is on the cutting edge of security innovation. Our many projects aim to provide secure IoT and network communication, make use of data science and machine learning, as well as seamlessly integrate with enterprise infrastructures.
Location: Mississauga, ON
Length of Term: 4 Months
* Work in a cross-functional team of experts who are responsible for the security of the next generation of BlackBerry products
* Help develop new IoT security software for Linux, iOS, and Android
* Collaborate with other team members, receiving and providing feedback on investigations and prototypes
* Contribute to Tech Talks and white papers to help drive knowledge sharing and innovation with other teams
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Currently enrolled in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline at the Intermediate level
* Strong investigation, prototyping, design and programming skills
* Programming experience in one or more of: Java, C++, C, and Python
* Worked with one or more of: Linux OS, iOS, Android OS, and Gerrit/Git
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Curious attitude and self-starter with strong interpersonal and innovative skills
* Strong aptitude for troubleshooting and problem solving with a keen attention to detail
* Ability to work effectively in a team as well as independently
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment with excellent time management and organization skills
* Knowledge of (or interest in) security, cryptography, IoT, networks, data analytics, and machine learning
* Experience developing software for embedded devices
* Previous experience with JIRA, AWS, Yocto, Android Studio, and Xcode IDE
LIFE AT BLACKBERRY
* Various Snack & Beverage Programs at all locations
* Cafeterias and vending machines with subsidized prices at major offices
* Free parking and accessible public transportation at major offices
* Skills training and professional development opportunities
* Organization wide events and various social committees
* Local discounts and free swag
* Highly collaborative teams and supportive workplace culture
* Recreational leagues, fitness classes, and wellness sessions available in most locations
/See for yourself by checking out our Instagram @BlackBerryStudentLife/
**Job Family Group Name:**
Business Practices & Operations
**Scheduled Weekly Hours:**
We are BlackBerry, a global mobile communications leader who revolutionized the industry with its introduction in 1999. Today, BlackBerry’s products and services, from messaging to enterprise mobility, are relied on by millions of individuals every day to securely and efficiently connect them to the content and people that matter most. At BlackBerry our instinct for innovation is relentless, so as we continue to push the boundaries of mobile experiences, we continue to drive the talent, passion and creativity of our employees.
©2016 BlackBerry. All right reserved. BlackBerry® and related trademarks, names, and logos are the property of BlackBerry Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world.
It is the policy of BlackBerry to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled